Welcome to Day 29 of the Evening Standard’s PDC Home Tour LIVE coverage.
Danny Noppert and Ryan Meikle kick off another stacked evening of action at 7:30pm
On Thursday night, World number 35 and reigning Youth world champion Luke Humphries progressed to the next round of the Home Tour with three successive wins.
Elsewhere, Andy Boulton, despite playing some great darts, lost out to Smith in the battle for second place, while Dutchman van Duivenbode finished bottom with three losses from three.
Follow the latest darts action with our LIVE blog…
But that’s all from us tonight. Join us again at the same time tomorrow for Group 29 of the PDC Home Tour! Until then.
So that wraps up that. To recap, Luke Humphries tops the group with three successive victories. World number five Michael Smith once again fails to progress from the group stages, finishing in second. Finally, Andy Boulton and Mike van Duivenbode finished third and fourth respectively.
Smith seals the victory! He defeats Boulton 5-2 to end a good night of darts!
Smith once again regains a two leg gap with an emphatic 106 checkout to break. He leads 4-2 and is now just one leg away from securing second place.
But Boulton has bounced back to level!
He holds with a 13 darter, before producing a stunning 127 checkout on the bull to break.
The pair are back on throw at 2-2.
Smith races into an early lead in tonight’s final game. He consolidates a first-leg break by taking out a 70 checkout to hold.
The world number five leads 2-0.
In the final game of tonight, Andy Boulton comes up against Michael Smith in the battle for second place.
With Humphries already taking the group, this one is just for pride.
Humphries tops the group! He defeats Van Duivenbode 5-3. A thoroughly good showing from the 25-year-old tonight.
A real shame for the Dutchman who has played really well tonight but finishes without a win! He averaged 98 in that one!
Van Duivenbode thinks he’s back in it with a break but then misses six darts to hold, allowing Humphries to break for a second time.
Cool Hand Luke is now 4-2 up on throw and just one leg away from topping the group.
Luke Humphries opens up a two-leg lead with a 15 dart break of throw. The 25-year-old reigning Youth World Champion is averaging around 104 across his three matches so far. Very impressive. He leads 3-1.
With some technical issues on the way, the pair kick things off with a hold each.
Humphries starts things off with a 15 darter, before Van Duivenbode hits a 40 checkout on the final dart to level.
Luke Humphries now faces Mike van Duivenbode and has the chance to seal the group.
A win for the Dutchman would set up an intriguing final game between Smith and Boulton, however.
Wow! That was simply sensational Luke Humphries! He defeats Smith 5-2 to take a commanding group lead.
Reigning Youth World Champion Luke Humphries has stormed into a 4-2 lead.
He breaks with a terrific 12 darter before sealing a 32 checkout for a 13 dart hold.
Cool Hand Luke is averaging 109 in this one!
And the holds continue – both players averaging over 100 as things stand.
Smith regains the lead with a 94 checkout, taking out double 18 for a 12 dart hold.
Humphries then responds with a 14 darter, taking out double two.
Identical legs to kick things off.
Both players hold their respective throws with 13 darters finishing on tops.
So Boulton has put himself back in the mix with that win. But Van Duivenbode is unfortunately out.
Up next we have world number five Michael Smith up against world number 35 Luke Humphries in the big match of tonight.
Both players won their openers and can take a giant leap towards group victory with a win.
Boulton breaks again! He takes the match! He defeats Van Duivenbode 5-4 in an absolute cracker!
Against the throw, Boulton hits 177, before a 168 set-up shot to finish the match with double eight. Brilliant.
Van Duivenbode breaks! It’s 4-4 – we’re into a final leg shootout!
Boulton misses a match dart but is just one leg away.
The Englishman consolidates his break with a 14 dart hold. He misses a dart at the bull to win the match, however, allowing Van Duivenbode to hold.
But the score is 4-3 Boutlon, who has the darts to finish this one.
Can’t see the live blog? Click here to view our desktop version.
Format, draw and schedule
Four players will be in action from 7:30pm BST every night for 32 days in a row, and 32 group winners will advance to the second stage of the competition.
All matches are best-of-nine legs, with two points awarded for a win.
Draw and results
Group One – Friday April 17
- Peter Wright 5-4 Peter Jacques
- Jamie Lewis 3-5 Niels Zonneveld
- Peter Jacques 5-2 Niels Zonneveld
- Peter Wright 1-5 Jamie Lewis
- Jamie Lewis 5-4 Peter Jacques
- Niels Zonneveld 1-5 Peter Wright
Group Two – Saturday April 18
- Gerwyn Price 5-2 Rowby-John Rodriguez
- Luke Woodhouse 5-2 Ted Evetts
- Rowby-John Rodriguez 3-5 Ted Evetts
- Gerwyn Price 0-5 Luke Woodhouse
- Luke Woodhouse 5-2 Rowby-John Rodriguez
- Ted Evetts 2-5 Gerwyn Price
Group Three – Sunday April 19
- Dave Chisnall 5-2 Scott Waites
- Jan Dekker 4-5 Jonathan Worsley
- Scott Waites 5-1 Jonathan Worsley
- Dave Chisnall 5-0 Jan Dekker
- Jan Dekker 1-5 Scott Waites
- Jonathan Worsley 1-5 Dave Chisnall
Group Four – Monday April 20
- Ross Smith 5-1 Lisa Ashton
- Mickey Mansell 4-5 Geert Nentjes
- Lisa Ashton 5-3 Geert Nentjes
- Ross Smith 3-5 Mickey Mansell
- Mickey Mansell 5-3 Lisa Ashton
- Geert Nentjes 5-3 Ross Smith
Group 5 – Tuesday April 21
- Luke Humphries 3-5 Nick Kenny
- Devon Petersen 1-5 Joe Murnan
- Nick Kenny 5-2 Joe Murnan
- Luke Humphries 5-4 Devon Petersen
- Devon Petersen 3-5 Nick Kenny
- Joe Murnan 3-5 Luke Humphries
Group 6 – Wednesday April 22
- James Wade 5-2 Adrian Gray
- Ryan Searle 5-1 Andy Boulton
- Adrian Gray 5-2 Andy Boulton
- James Wade 3-5 Ryan Searle
- Ryan Searle 5-2 Adrian Gray
- Andy Boulton 5-0 James Wade
Group 7 – Thursday April 23
- Gabriel Clemens 5-3 Ryan Meikle
- Jelle Klaasen 5-2 Gavin Carlin
- Ryan Meikle 5-1 Gavin Carlin
- Gabriel Clemens 3-5 Jelle Klaasen
- Jelle Klaasen 4-5 Ryan Meikle
- Gavin Carlin 5-4 Gabriel Clemens
Group 8 – Friday April 24
- Jonny Clayton 5-2 Adam Hunt
- David Pallett 5-2 Richard North
- Adam Hunt 5-3 David Pallett
- Jonny Clayton 5-3 Richard North
- Adam Hunt 5-1 Richard North
- Jonny Clayton 5-2 David Pallett
Group 9 – Saturday April 25
- Michael Smith 3-5 Martijn Kleermaker
- Harry Ward 3-5 Matt Clark
- Martijn Kleermaker 3-5 Matt Clark
- Michael Smith 5-3 Harry Ward
- Harry Ward 2-5 Martijn Kleermaker
- Matt Clark 3-5 Michael Smith
Group 10 – Sunday April 26
- Nathan Aspinall 5-2 Steve Brown
- Ryan Joyce 5-2 Simon Stevenson
- Steve Brown 5-1 Simon Stevenson
- Nathan Aspinall 5-2 Ryan Joyce
- Ryan Joyce 3-5 Steve Brown
- Simon Stevenson 1-5 Nathan Aspinall
Group 11 – Monday April 27
- Simon Whitlock 3-5 Mike van Duivenbode
- Kirk Shepherd 5-1 Alan Tabern
- Mike van Duivenbode 2-5 Alan Tabern
- Simon Whitlock 5-4 Kirk Shepherd
- Kirk Shepherd 4-5 Mike van Duivenbode
- Alan Tabern 5-4 Simon Whitlock
Group 12 – Tuesday April 28
- Max Hopp 3-5 Mike De Decker
- Mike De Decker 2-5 Conan Whitehead
- Conan Whitehead 3-5 Max Hopp
- Mike De Decker 3-5 Max Hopp
- Max Hopp 5-2 Conan Whitehead
- Conan Whitehead 1-5 Mike De Decker
Group 13 – Wednesday April 29
- Steve Beaton 5-1 Callan Rydz
- Matthew Edgar 0-5 Carl Wilkinson
- Callan Rydz 3-5 Carl Wilkinson
- Steve Beaton 1-5 Matthew Edgar
- Matthew Edgar 2-5 Callan Rydz
- Carl Wilkinson 5-2 Steve Beaton
Group 14 – Thursday April 30
- Chris Dobey 5-2 Ciaran Teehan
- Ron Meulenkamp 5-4 Kai Fan Leung
- Ciaran Teehan 5-1 Kai Fan Leung
- Chris Dobey 5-1 Ron Meulenjamp
- Ron Meulenkamp 5-1 Ciaran Teehan
- Kai Fan Leung 5-4 Chris Dobey
Group 15 – Friday May 1
- Darren Webster 5-4 Bradley Brooks
- Scott Baker 5-4 Andy Hamilton
- Bradley Brooks 3-5 Andy Hamilton
- Darren Webster 5-2 Scott Baker
- Scott Baker 1-5 Bradley Brooks
- Andy Hamilton 3-5 Darren Webster
Group 16 – Saturday May 2
- Ricky Evans 2-5 Martin Atkins
- Christian Bunse 1-5 Jeff Smith
- Martin Atkins 5-4 Jeff Smith
- Ricky Evans 3-5 Christian Bunse
- Christian Bunse 5-2 Martin Atkins
- Jeff Smith 5-4 Ricky Evans
Group 17 – Sunday May 3
- John Henderson 5-4 Krzysztof Kciuk
- Damon Heta 5-0 Gary Blades
- Krzysztof Kciuk 5-3 Gary Blades
- John Henderson 3-5 Damon Heta
- Damon Heta 3-5 Krzysztof Kciuk
- Gary Blades 1-5 John Henderson
Group 18 – Monday May 4
- Stephen Bunting 5-4 Harald Leitinger
- Kim Huybrechts 5-2 Nathan Derry
- Harald Leitinger 5-0 Nathan Derry
- Stephen Bunting 5-1 Kim Huybrechts
- Kim Huybrechts 5-1 Harald Leitinger
- Nathan Derry 1-5 Stephen Bunting
Group 19 – Tuesday May 5
- Glen Durrant 5-1 Vincent van der Meer
- Justin Pipe 5-1 Maik Kuivenhoven
- Vincent van der Meer 1-5 Maik Kuivenhoven
- Glen Durrant 5-3 Justin Pipe
- Justin Pipe 5-2 Vincent van der Meer
- Maik Kuivenhoven 3-5 Glen Durrant
Group 20 – Wednesday May 6
- Joe Cullen 5-4 Ryan Murray
- Jermaine Wattimena 2-5 John Michael
- Ryan Murray 5-3 John Michael
- Joe Cullen 4-5 Jermaine Wattimena
- Jermaine Wattimena 1-5 Ryan Murray
- John Michael 3-5 Joe Cullen
Group 21 – Thursday, May 7
- Rob Cross 5-2 William Borland
- Dimitri van den Bergh 5-1 Karel Sedlacek
- William Borland 0-5 Karel Sedlacek
- Rob Cross 5-4 Dimitri van den Bergh
- Dimitri van den Bergh 3-5 William Borland
- Karel Sedlacek 4-5 Rob Cross
Group 22 – Friday, May 8
- Ian White 3-5 Jesus Noguera
- Danny Noppert 5-4 James Wilson
- Jesus Noguera 5-2 James Wilson
- Ian White 5-2 Danny Noppert
- Danny Noppert 5-3 Jesus Noguera
- James Wilson 5-4 Ian White
Group 23 – Saturday, May 9
- Kyle Anderson 2-5 Daniel Larsson
- Martin Schindler 1-5 Dirk van Duijvenbode
- Daniel Larsson 5-2 Dirk van Duijvenbode
- Kyle Anderson 0-5 Martin Schindler
- Martin Schindler 0-5 Daniel Larsson
- Dirk van Duijvenbode 3-5 Kyle Anderson
Group 24 – Sunday, May 10
- Krzysztof Ratajski 5-3 Toni Alcinas
- Krzysztof Ratajski 2-5 Jamie Hughes
- Jamie Hughes 5-2 Darius Labanauskas
- Toni Alcinas 0-5 Darius Labanauskas
- Jamie Hughes 5-4 Toni Alcinas
- Darius Labanauskas 3-5 Krzysztof Ratajski
Group 25 – Monday, May 11
- Keegan Brown 5-4 Reece Robinson
- Jose De Sousa 5-0 Robert Thornton
- Reece Robinson 5-2 Robert Thornton
- Keegan Brown 0-5 Jose De Sousa
- Jose De Sousa 5-1 Reece Robinson
- Robert Thornton 5-2 Keegan Brown
Group 26 – Tuesday, May 12
- Conan Whitehead 0-5 Steve Brown
- Mike De Decker 3-5 Martin Atkins
- Steve Brown 5-2 Martin Atkins
- Conan Whitehead 1-5 Mike De Decker
- Mike De Decker 5-2 Steve Brown
- Martin Atkins 5-4 Conan Whitehead
Group 27 – Wednesday, May 13
- Steve Beaton 3-5 Scott Waites
- Ross Smith 5-1 Ron Meulenkamp
- Scott Waites 5-0 Ron Meulenkamp
- Steve Beaton 4-5 Ross Smith
- Ross Smith 4-5 Scott Waites
- Ron Meulenkamp 5-4 Steve Beaton
Group 28 – Thursday, May 14
- Michael Smith 5-0 Mike van Duivenbode
- Luke Humphries 5-4 Andy Boulton
- Mike van Duivenbode 4-5 Andy Boulton
- Michael Smith 2-5 Luke Humphries
- Luke Humphries 5-3 Mike van Duivenbode
- Andy Boulton 2-5 Michael Smith
How to watch on TV and live stream online
The matches are being broadcast live on PDCTV for free to registered PDCTV users, including those with free memberships. Sign up for free to watch all the action on TV or online.
- All matches are best of nine legs (first to five).
- The player listed on the left of the fixture will throw first in odd-numbered legs.
- Two Points awarded for a win.
- Should players finish level on Points, the Leg Difference will be used to decide positions. Should Points and Leg Difference be equal between two players, then the winner of the game between the two players will determine who finishes higher. Should Points and Leg Difference be equal between three players, the Overall Average of each player (across the three games on the night) will be used to determine who finishes higher.
Scores and commentary
To add a layer of shine to proceedings, there are live score graphics on screen along with commentary from Rob Dawson.