Rolling live coverage of business, economics and financial markets
- UK credit card lending falls for first time since records began
- Ryanair plans 3,000 job cuts; rival receives €1bn Spanish state aid
- Royal Bank of Scotland takes £800m profit hit
- Coronavirus – latest updates
- See all our coronavirus coverage
One for the committed central bank watchers among our readers: Tiff Macklem is the new governor of the Bank of Canada (Mark Carney’s alma mater).
Wall Street has followed the lead of London and fallen, after disappointing corporate earnings and Donald Trump’s threat to put tariffs on China in retaliation for its role in the crisis.
The US indices: