The AFL will resume with a Friday night blockbuster when last year’s preliminary finalists, the Brisbane Lions and Richmond, play at the Gabba in a rematch.
It will be the first time the Tigers will return to the venue since they won the flag against Geelong in late October.
The Western Bulldogs play St Kilda on Saturday night at Marvel Stadium in round 10 while the Magpies will host Port Adelaide at the MCG on Sunday afternoon.
The fixture for rounds 11 and 12 will be released next week before the AFL moves to releasing matches in four-week blocks, subject to continued stability in the number of COVID-19 cases in Australia.
Marcus King, the AFL’s head of broadcasting and scheduling, said rounds nine and 10 offered a good spread of competitive clashes.
“We have a few weeks until rounds nine and 10 are upon us, but they appear to be a potential nightmare for tipsters,” King said.
“Looking ahead, we plan on releasing rounds 11 and 12 next week, followed by, subject to any COVID setbacks, a minimum four-week block to provide further certainty for clubs and fans.”
ROUNDS NINE AND 10
Friday, May 14
- St Kilda v Geelong, Marvel Stadium (SEVEN), 7:50pm
Saturday, May 15
- Sydney v Collingwood, SCG (FOX), 1.45pm
- Hawthorn v North Melbourne, University of Tasmania Stadium (FOX), 2.10pm
- Gold Coast v Brisbane Lions, Metricon Stadium (FOX), 4.35pm
- Richmond v GWS, Marvel Stadium (FOX), 7.25pm
- Port Adelaide v Western Bulldogs, Adelaide Oval (SEVEN), 7:40pm
Sunday, May 16
- Essendon v Fremantle, Marvel Stadium (FOX), 1.10pm
- Melbourne v Carlton, MCG (SEVEN), 3.20pm
- West Coast v Adelaide, Optus Stadium (FOX), 4.40pm
Friday, May 21
- Brisbane Lions v Richmond, Gabba (SEVEN), 7.50pm
Saturday, May 22
- Carlton v Hawthorn, MCG (FOX), 1.45pm
- Geelong v Gold Coast, GMHBA Stadium (FOX), 2.10pm
- Adelaide v Melbourne, Adelaide Oval (FOX), 4.35pm
- Western Bulldogs v St Kilda, Marvel Stadium (SEVEN), 7.25pm
- Fremantle v Sydney, Optus Stadium (FOX), 7.40pm
Sunday, May 23
- GWS v West Coast, Giants Stadium (FOX), 1:10pm
- Collingwood v Port Adelaide, MCG (SEVEN), 3.20pm
- Essendon v North Melbourne, Marvel Stadium (FOX), 4.40pm
All times AEST
Keep up to date with the best AFL coverage in the country. Sign up here to our Real Footy newsletter delivered to your inbox on Mondays and Fridays.
Thanks for seeing this news release regarding Australian sport named “St Kilda Saints get Friday night time slot against Geelong despite poor form, AFL wait for Anzac Day capacity lift”. This news article was shared by My Local Pages as part of our local news services.
#Kilda #Saints #Friday #night #time #slot #Geelong #poor #form #AFL #wait #Anzac #Day #capacity #lift