MotoGP 2020: MotoGP fall stats, Kasma Daniel, Johann Zarco, Marc Marquez, Remy Gardner, Jack Miller


MotoGP has a new crash king after Kasma Daniel unseated Johann Zarco

The Moto2 rider fell 20 times in 2020, just one more than the next closest in Jorge Navarro.

According to MotoGP.com, a ‘fall’ is defined as the bike ‘physically touching the ground and remaining on the ground’.

Watch The Formula 1 Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix 2020 Live & On-Demand on Kayo. New to Kayo? Get your free trial now & start streaming instantly >

Johann Zarco was last year’s crash king. (Photo by Mirco Lazzari gp/Getty Images)Source: Getty Images



Source link

Brett Sutton, Daniel Andrews evidence released by COVID-19 Hotel Quarantine Inquiry


Brett Sutton’s anger at how Victoria’s hotel quarantine program was set up without his input has been laid bare in an email released by the inquiry into the scheme.

The state’s Chief Health Officer said it was “astounding” that he and his deputy, Annaliese van Diemen, were excluded from the planning process for the scheme, known as Operation Soteria, despite having legal responsibility for it.

The tensions are revealed in an April 13 email from Professor Sutton to Euan Wallace, the CEO of Safer Care Victoria, which is responsible for patient and hospital safety.

In it, Professor Sutton said Operation Soteria was set up and put in place through Emergency Management Victoria (EMV) “without even getting my approval or even input”.

“It was seen as an almost wholly logistic exercise and had EM [Emergency Management Victoria] governance without an understanding of where accountability sat, or perhaps should sit.”

He said because hotel quarantine was a policy recommendation from National Cabinet, state chief health officers needed to issue directions for its implementation — which made them legally accountable for it.

“In this case Annaliese wrote the direction —so was effectively the ‘maker’ of the entire scheme and has responsibility in law for it,” he wrote.

A “disconnect” with EMV colleagues meant they “effectively excluded those with significant accountability”, he wrote.

In previous evidence, Professor Sutton told the inquiry he believed he should have been appointed to the role of ‘state controller’, so he had better oversight of pandemic responses for which he bore some responsibility.

Dozens of documents released by inquiry

The COVID-19 Hotel Quarantine Inquiry has been looking into the beleaguered scheme after its failures were blamed for Victoria’s devastating second wave of the virus.

On Friday afternoon, it released dozens of documents, including affidavits from Professor Sutton and Premier Daniel Andrews, phone records from top staffers at the Department of Premier and Cabinet and Mr Andrews’s office, and emails from various departments.

The inquiry requested the additional material to try and determine who was involved in the decision to engage private security at the quarantine hotels and at what point Professor Sutton knew private security guards were being used — matters that weren’t resolved by the inquiry’s last hearing in September.

Professor Sutton has said he did not know private security was being used in the scheme until he read about it in the media — even though he was copied into an email about that plan.

Premier Daniel Andrews, in his affidavit, also maintained he played no role in determining that private security would be used in the program, and did not know who had.

Daniel Andrews provided additional evidence to the inquiry after his appearance.(AAP: Erik Anderson)

However, the Premier shed some light on why he mentioned “private security” at a press conference he held on the afternoon of March 27, despite later saying no decision had been made to use private security by that time.

Mr Andrews said while he had no memory of it, it was likely he was briefed before the press conference by his chief-of-staff Lissie Ratcliff, and “probably” his press secretary Stephanie Anderson and media director Adam Sims.

Mr Andrews said they may have been briefed by a member of his private office, whose name had been redacted.

“I am informed that it is possible that those who briefed me obtained information from [name redacted] for the purposes of the briefing, but I am informed that [name redacted] was not present when I was briefed.”

Text messages between Premier, chief-of-staff released

At the press conference, Mr Andrews told the media that “police, private security, all of our health team will be able to monitor compliance in a much easier way” at the hotels.

However, when he gave verbal evidence to the inquiry, Mr Andrews said he was not sure why he had mentioned private security at the press conference, or how he had learned they would be used.

Jennifer Coate sits behind a bend with the words
Jennifer Coate’s final report is due to be handed down by December 21.  (AAP: James Ross)

Mr Andrews said for the sake of “completeness” he would also provide text messages between him and his chief-of-staff about the hotel arrangements that he was aware of later that evening.

The text messages showed the CEO of Linfox was happy to assist with hotel arrangements, and supermarket La Manna was happy to feed people.

Mr Andrews asked Ms Ratcliff: “how are we going on hotels and midnight tomorrow. Do we have many flights tomorrow? Call if you need to”.

Ms Ratcliff responded that she would have updates on the number of rooms: “we’re aiming for more than 5,000 — transportation, guidelines for leaving rooms, protection for workers, number of expected arrivals and flights for Sunday”.

The reply from Ms Ratcliff to Mr Andrews also said “it’ll only apply to flights landing after midnight so anyone coming in during the day tomorrow won’t be caught up.

“Will get you an update as soon as it comes through.”

Inquiry chair Jennifer Coate is due to hand down her findings by December 21.



Source link

Premier Daniel Andrews defends state’s JobKeeper share


Loading

A frustrated Mr Andrews replied that Victoria had done its “fair share of the heavy lifting” for several years leading up the pandemic and said the needs-based JobKeeper and JobSeeker subsidies were designed to deal with the hardships that Victorians experienced during the state’s second coronavirus wave.

“If you look at jobs created in the five years before this pandemic, we fully accounted for half the new jobs in our nation,” the Premier said, adding he could not predict what future events might affect the state’s debt by 2024.

“Victoria is part of this nation. This is not foreign aid, and I won’t have that suggested. It just doesn’t make sense.”

Victorians received $12 billion in JobKeeper payments by September and are expected to make up 60 per cent of the 2.24 million Australians receiving JobKeeper in the October quarter, according to federal Treasury figures.

Mr Andrews also took aim at the Morrison government for failing to formally introduce paid sick leave for casual workers – an issue that came to the fore at the height of Victoria’s second coronavirus wave and has also caused concern following South Australia’s latest outbreak.

The centrepiece of this week’s state budget was a plan to create 400,000 new jobs in Victoria, with the government projecting net debt will reach nearly $155 billion within three years, more than 28 per cent of Victoria’s total annual economic output.

Mr Andrews said he could not provide a long-term debt repayment plan but argued debt would begin to be paid down “once we have the economy growing and once we have healed the wounds in our economy and communities and repair the damage that has been done”.

“The repayment of these borrowings and the repair from this pandemic will be long-term … There will be costs incurred by many Victorians,” he said.

“I do acknowledge these are unprecedented borrowings, but these are unprecedented times.”

Mr Andrews indicated his government would not increase any taxes in order to improve the budget’s bottom line, saying a competitive tax system that encouraged business investment would be key to growing the economy.

The Premier, who has made interventions in several policy areas usual the domain of the Commonwealth, said his government decided to counter the negative effects of insecure, casual work because of a lack of national leadership on the issue from the Morrison government.

Casual workers in industries including cleaning, hospitality and aged care will receive five days sick and carer’s leave under a “secure work pilot scheme” that will eventually be funded by an industry levy, the government announced this week.

“This is the sort of leadership that should be, I think, provided across the whole nation. But if others aren’t prepared to do it, we are and we will push forward and hopefully we can convince others to join us,” Mr Andrews said.

Exchanges between the Premier and opposition MPs Danny O’Brien and Richard Riordan were often testy on Friday morning.

Mr Riordan accused Labor MP Lizzie Blandthorn, the chair of the committee, of running a “protection racket” for repeatedly calling points of order during Coalition MPs’ questioning.

In response to one of their questions, the Premier declined to give an up-to-date estimate of the projected cost blowout for the $11 billion Metro Tunnel project.

Most Viewed in Politics

Loading



Source link

F1 2020: driver salaries, how much does Daniel Ricciardo earn, Lewis Hamilton, money, wages, richest F1 drivers, news,


Formula One superstar Lewis Hamilton’s runaway lead doesn’t stop on the track.

The seven-time world champion is reportedly earning over $60 million more than his Mercedes teammate Valtteri Bottas and an estimated $75.2 million more than the lowest salary on the grid, Antonio Giovinzazzi.

The 2020 salaries of all twenty Formula 1 drivers have been revealed in the 2020 edition of Business Book GP, a financial monitor for racing.

The figures – which exclude endorsements – are simply eye-watering.

SEE THE FULL LIST BELOW!



Source link

Daniel Andrews faces public accounts and estimates committee


Premier Daniel Andrews will face questioning about this week’s state budget and the government’s pandemic response at Parliament’s public accounts and estimates committee hearings on Friday.

He will first be asked about government expenditure and then about the state’s COVID-19 response by Labor, Liberal and crossbench MPs.

You can watch a live stream of the hearings below.

Minister for Women, Aboriginal Affairs and Family Violence Gabrielle Williams is due to front the committee from 2.30pm.

In coming weeks, other senior ministers will appear before the committee.



Source link

Joe Joyce to be without trainer for Daniel Dubois clash after positive coronavirus test


Joe Joyce will be without trainer Ismael Salas for the toughest fight of his career against Daniel Dubois.

Salas tested positive for Covid-19 having spent the last few weeks in Las Vegas working with his other fighters.

He has not come into contact with Joyce however and so the heavyweight clash will go ahead as planned.

“We were concerned about Salas going back to Vegas,” Joyce’s layer Adam Morallee said.

“Being in a gym around other fighters we were concerned that he might contract coronavirus, it was a risk.




“We put measures in place to make sure that when he arrived back in the country, he was isolated from everyone.

“He has been away from everyone, especially Joe, he has been in a separate hotel, he got a separate taxi here, he was tested alone and went to his room.

“Then his test came back positive and he had to go straight home.”

Joyce will now be coached through the fight by the inexperienced Steve Broughton.

The Olympic silver medalist had been in Las Vegas earlier this year preparing for Dubois but the coronavirus lockdown changed his plans.

He spent the month of October with Salas in Lonson before the Cuban flew back to Sin City.

Morallee added: “Joe should have trained in Vegas with his coach but coronavirus has screwed everything up for everybody.

“Salas is a top coach with a lot of fighters and he tried to prioritise Joe Joyce, he did get over here, but he had to go back to Vegas because he is a loyal guy.

“Did we think about bringing in another trainer? Yes. But we believe that Steve Broughton is a world-class trainer and we have the experience of Jimmy Tibbs, who has been in the corner for every Joe Joyce UK fight.

“Joe is absolutely fine, Steve has been his main trainer since May. We wanted Salas with us the whole time but he had to work with his other fighters so he was unable to. We knew the risks.”





Source link

F1 2020: Bahrain Grand Prix, Sakhir Circuit, new track, news, update, Daniel Ricciardo,


After months traipsing across Europe, Formula One is heading to Bahrain for back-to-back race weekends as the season’s conclusion looms.

And it’s set to provide two weekends of incredible drama – particularly the second week, which will take place on a ‘bonkers’ new-look circuit.

The first race will take place on the standard 5.4km track at the Sakhir Circuit, which has been in use for nearly two decades. But the second weekend will take place on the 3.5 km outer track – a high-speed loop that is expected to see lap times of under a minute!

Watch The Formula 1 Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix 2020 Live & On-Demand on Kayo. New to Kayo? Get your free trial now & start streaming instantly >

Hamiton equals Schumacher

3:49



Source link

Coronavirus Australia live news: Daniel Andrews encourages Victorians to stay home despite Queensland border opening on December 1



Audience comment by Julia

Not sure if I read between the lines correctly, but if I did…<br>Happy birthday Natty!!! 🥳

Audience comment by Natty

Looking back on 2020, all we’ve been through, especially our Victorian friends, families separated for such long periods of time, and, in contrast, hearing all the great news about the borders reopening, it’s finally starting to feel like we’re all one Australia again. Sitting here, reading this awesome blog, that’s kept us all informed and sane for the best part of this year, I feel proud of every Aussie for their efforts and sacrifices, and the best birthday present I could ask for, is for families to reunite and have optimistic hopes for a great Christmas 🙂

Audience comment by Sarah

Thankyou ☀️ <br>We’re all Australians so it’s great to know we can now travel where and when we want !!<br>Thankyou Victorians for keeping our Country safe and stopping the spread through all your hard work and sacrifices 🙏🏻<br>Happy Christmas xoxoxo

Audience comment by missing home

I moved to Melbourne from Brisbane in February and went for an overseas trip shortly after. I haven’t seen my family since late Jan. When I heard the *unofficial* news yesterday; I could not stop crying. Time to go home!!

Audience comment by Staying in Vic

I don’t have any relatives interstate. For those who do, please go and reunite with your loved ones. I’ll be holidaying in Victoria.



Source link

F1 2020, Turkish Grand Prix, Daniel Ricciardo, Renault, McLaren, practice 1, 2, standings, pay, Mercedes


Daniel Ricciardo has revealed he would drive for free if it meant getting behind the wheel of Mercedes’ seven-time world title-winning car.

Ricciardo is currently fourth in the driver standings and in the form of his life as he has propelled Renault almost single-handedly into third in the constructor championship as he prepares to move on to McLaren for next season.

Despite outscoring both McLaren drivers and Renault sitting a few points above its rivals on the standings, Ricciardo is switching teams after being forced to make a decision before seeing either cars race in 2020 due to COVID-19.

Watch the 2020 FIA Formula One World Championship™ on KAYO. Every practice, qualifying session and race LIVE. New to Kayo? Get your free trial now & start streaming instantly >

Australia F1 2021 confirmed

0:30



Source link

South Sydney Rabbitohs demand Sydney Roosters star Daniel Tupou in exchange for Joseph Suaalii release


There is potential risk and reward for both parties and it remains to be seen whether the Roosters will entertain the swap.

Joseph Suaalii in full stride while training with sprint coach Roger Fabri.

The Roosters had already proposed a $50,000 compensation payment in a bid to secure the release, which the Rabbitohs rejected.

If the Roosters aren’t prepared to swap Tupou, Souths will demand another player of a similar standing in order to release Sualii, potentially including one of the Morris twins, Josh or Brett.

If a deal can’t be reached, Suaalii is facing the prospect of sitting out two entire seasons. The King’s School student is on a $60,000 contract with Souths for next year, one that he doesn’t want to fulfil. The Rabbitohs were prepared to let him sit out next season and write off the money, just to spite the Roosters. However, the swap proposal was hatched in a bid to break the impasse so that both parties can benefit.

If the Roosters agree, releasing Tupou would free up the funds required to provide Suaalii with a salary akin to what he could earn elsewhere.

The development is the latest twist in a saga that has stretched throughout the season. Suaalii has been courted by both rugby codes, with the 15-man game dangling the carrot of an Olympic berth. While his preference is to play league, he is seeking get-out clauses in his next contract that could potentially allow him to cross codes.

Loading

Suaalii sat out the entire GPS rugby season in 2020 and is planning to do likewise next year, despite enjoying a boarding scholarship worth more than $65,000. His last game of football was for the Australian under-18s schoolboys rugby side, which toured New Zealand last October.



Source link