FBI and US Marshals hunt for Austin detective who ‘shot dead two women and a man’ at apartment and was fired last year for ‘rape of 16-year-old girl’



A sheriff’s detective has turned active shooter and killed three adults in Austin after being put on unpaid leave over child sex claims, as SWAT teams and FBI agents issued a shelter at home order amid fears the gunman could take a hostage.  

Joseph Chacon, Chief of Police at Austin Police Deportment, named the ‘armed and dangerous’ suspect as 41-year-old Stephen Nicholas Broderick, who allegedly shot the trio at an apartment complex near The Arboretum in the north-west of the city in what officers called a ‘domestic situation’.  

Police say a child was involved but is safely in custody. 

A former Travis County Sheriff’s Detective also called Stephen Broderick was put on unpaid leave after he was charged with sexually assaulting a child in June last year.   

And the local CBS affiliate is reporting that the gunman was the former detective, who had been charged with with first-degree felony child sex assault. 

Police would not comment if the suspect in Sunday’s shooting was facing other criminal charges but told reporters he ‘might be former law enforcement’.  

Helicopters, SWAT teams and FBI agents are now involved in a frenzied search while urging anyone who sees Broderick to call 911. 

Scroll down for video.  

Shots were first reported Sunday in a 911 call at 11.42am CT, with Austin Police Department at 1pm confirming that the shooter was still active. 

In a second release 40 minutes later, APD said the incident is believed to be a ‘domestic situation’ and suggested the gunman did not pose a risk to the wider public. 

However, Austin Chief of Police Joseph Chacon later told reporters at a press conference that police were advising people to shelter at home over fears the shooter could ‘take a hostage’. 

He said police were no longer treating the case as an active shooter incident but ‘danger remains high’. 

Chief Chacon said police were on the scene four minutes after receiving reports that shots have been fired. 

He identified the victims as two Hispanic women and one black man. 

Describing the suspect, he said:  ‘We think we know our suspect, Stephen Nicholas Broderick, 41. 

‘We are concerned he might possibly take a hostage and be himself sheltered somewhere waiting for us to leave.’ 

He said Broderick is 5 feet, 7 inches (1.7 meters) tall and Black. He was wearing a gray hoodie, sunglasses and a baseball cap. 

Chacon continued: ‘We don’t know if he’s on a vehicle or on foot. We are asking individuals to continue sheltering in place because this is still an active.’

Asked if the suspect was a former detective facing child sex charges also called Stephen Broderick, Chief Chacon refused to confirm this but said: ‘We do have some preliminary information that he might be prior law enforcement, but I don’t have that confirmed at this time.’

Also also said that a child was involved in Sunday’s incident but was unharmed and is now with police.     

Thank you for stopping to visit My Local Pages. We Hope you enjoyed checking this news article involving current United Kingdom and Political news published as “FBI and US Marshals hunt for Austin detective who ‘shot dead two women and a man’ at apartment and was fired last year for ‘rape of 16-year-old girl'”. This news release was brought to you by My Local Pages Australia as part of our national news services.

#FBI #Marshals #hunt #Austin #detective #shot #dead #women #man #apartment #fired #year #rape #16yearold #girl



Source link

Two dead in Caboolture shooting as man arrested at Victoria Point


Two young men are dead after they were allegedly shot dead outside a Caboolture home.

Queensland Police spent less than two hours hunting for the accused gunman, arresting a man at Victoria Point, more than 8okm from Caboolture just before 9pm.

Emergency services rushed to Lower King St in Caboolture, in the Moreton Bay region, just before 6pm tonight after reports of a shooting.

Police established a crime scene with paramedics attempting CPR on the two victims.

Tragically, they couldn’t be saved.

Witnesses described the horror moment they heard gunshots ring out through Caboolture, putting parts of the town into lockdown.

The shooting triggered lockdowns across parts of Caboolture, with the public urged to stay inside.

Caboolture Hospital, less than 2km from Lower King St, is reportedly in lockdown.

Queensland Police’s Acting Detective Inspector Michael Hogan told reporters at the scene that a man was undergoing a full forensic examination at Caboolture police station.

“We had information that lead us to Victoria Point, and a male person has been taken into custody,” he said.

“It (the investigation) will be a very long process, at least a couple of days.”

Thanks for stopping by and checking this news release about the latest national news items called “Two dead in Caboolture shooting as man arrested at Victoria Point”. This article is posted by MyLocalPages Australia as part of our news aggregator services.

#dead #Caboolture #shooting #man #arrested #Victoria #Point



Source link

Helen McCrory dead at 52, after an ‘heroic battle’ with cancer



In a statement posted online he said: “I’m heartbroken to announce that after an heroic battle, the beautiful and mighty woman that is Helen McCrory has died peacefully at home, surrounded by a wave of love from friends and family.

“She died as she lived.  Fearlessly.  God we love her and know how lucky we are to have had her in our lives.

“She blazed so brightly.  Go now, Little One, into the air, and thank you.” 

McCrory, who had a son and daughter with Lewis, had kept her cancer diagnosis private.

 



We hope you enjoyed checking this news release involving UK news titled “Helen McCrory dead at 52, after an ‘heroic battle’ with cancer”. This article was shared by My Local Pages as part of our national news services.

#Helen #McCrory #dead #heroic #battle #cancer



Source link

Indianapolis shooting leaves eight people dead at FedEx facility in US



Eight people have been shot and killed at a FedEx facility in Indiana, US police say.

Multiple people have injuries and the gunman has died, according to authorities.

When police arrived, officers reportedly observed “an active shooting scene at the facility”, according to Indianapolis police spokesperson Genae Cook.

Ms Cook confirmed multiple people were shot but did not give a specific number.

She added that the gunman had died and the public is not believed to be in immediate danger.

FedEx released a statement saying it was cooperating with authorities and working to get more information.

Loading

“We are aware of the tragic shooting at our FedEx ground facility near the Indianapolis airport,” the company said.

“Safety is our top priority, and our thoughts are with all those who are affected.”

Live video from news outlets at the scene showed crime scene tape in the parking lot outside the facility.

A witness who said he works at the facility told US media he saw a man with a gun after hearing several gunshots.

Another man who told media he was a witness said his niece was sitting in her car in the driver’s seat when the gunfire erupted, and she was wounded.

“She got shot on her left arm,” Parminder Singh said.

“She’s fine, she’s in the hospital now.”

He said his niece did not know the shooter.

Family members of workers reportedly gathered at a local hotel to await word on loved ones.

Some said employees were not allowed to have their phones with them while working shifts at the facility, making it difficult to contact them.

More to come.

AP

We hope you enjoyed seeing this news release involving the latest Australian Capital Territory News items titled “Indianapolis shooting leaves eight people dead at FedEx facility in US”. This news article is presented by MyLocalPages as part of our national news services.

#Indianapolis #shooting #leaves #people #dead #FedEx #facility



Source link

Man dead after fire in disability share home


A man has died after a fire erupted at a disability share home in Sydney’s south-west this morning.

The victim, aged in his 40s, was pulled unresponsive from the single-level villa on River Avenue in Carramar after fire crews were alerted just after 7.15am.

He was carried out by a carer and another resident before paramedics arrived and conducted CPR.

A man has died after a fire erupted at a disability share home on River Avenue in Carramar. (9News)

Paramedics were unable to revive him and he died at the scene.

“NSW Fire and Rescue did a great job securing the site so that we could treat our patient in a safe environment,” Inspector Phil Sweet from NSW Ambulance said.

“Despite the best efforts of paramedics and other emergency services, the patient couldn’t be resuscitated.”

The man was pulled from the unit by another resident and a carer before being given CPR. (9News)
A second person was treated at the scene for smoke inhalation. (9News)

Another person was found outside the home suffering from smoke inhalation.

The fire has since been extinguished, however parts of River Avenue remain closed to traffic and motorists are advised to avoid the area.

Fire investigators and detectives will begin their examination of the scene once it is declared safe to enter.

It is understood the fire began in the bedroom of the home which was fitted with smoke alarms.

Thanks for stopping by and seeing this news update regarding “News in the City of Sydney called “Man dead after fire in disability share home”. This news release was presented by MyLocalPages as part of our local events & news services.

#Man #dead #fire #disability #share #home



Source link

Gold Coast police warn against bin diving after woman found dead hanging from charity bin at Burleigh Heads


A woman whose body was found in a charity bin died after she became wedged in the opening mechanism while trying to remove donated items on the Gold Coast, Queensland police say.

The 43-year-old woman’s body was found dangling from the bin outside a busy Burleigh Heads shopping centre on Monday morning.

Police are not treating the woman’s death as suspicious.

“It is what we class as a death by misadventure,” Superintendent Rhys Wildman said on Tuesday.

“It appears as though a 43-year-old woman has attempted to attain or remove some items from those charity bins.

“She has unfortunately appeared to have been caught in the door mechanism while she was attempting to retrieve some of those items and has unfortunately passed away.”

The woman’s body was found by a member of the public who was donating clothes.

“These bins are designed for a one-way mechanism, they are designed for people to place items in,” Superintendent Wildman said.

“They are not play items those bins, obviously there is a risk as unfortunately we found out.”

Superintendent Wildman said while the practice known as bin diving was not unusual, it was against the law.

“It is an offence if there is a complaint forthcoming from those charity agencies for stealing,” he said.

“It is not an uncommon practice for people to remove items from bins and essentially scavenge items that have been left for less fortunate members of our community.

“We have, from time to time, had reports from around the country of people not necessarily getting trapped or dying in these sort of circumstances but we have had reports occasionally in winter time of people actually trying to climb into the bins and staying in them.”

A report is being prepared for the coroner.

Thank you for stopping by and checking out this news update on “News & What’s On in Queensland’s Gold Coast Region” called “Gold Coast police warn against bin diving after woman found dead hanging from charity bin at Burleigh Heads”. This article was shared by My Local Pages Australia as part of our local events & news services.

#Gold #Coast #police #warn #bin #diving #woman #dead #hanging #charity #bin #Burleigh #Heads



Source link

DMX not dead, still on life support despite Twitter death rumours


Social media posts paying tribute to rapper DMX began to swirl today amid confusion over whether the 50-year-old had died after suffering a heart attack and reported drug overdose last week.

But the source of the confusion was an Instagram post from a friend of the rapper, comedian Luenell, who had posted to her stories that her friend was “gone” as he remains in a critical condition in a New York hospital.

Clarifying her post, Luenell wrote, “When your spirit leaves and your organs fail you. The body becomes just a shell. One becomes wrapped in the lords arms. That’s what ‘I’ call gone. I’m sorry to all.”

His manager has confirmed he is still on life support.

A number of stars paid tribute to the rapper believing he had passed away, including hip hop artists Amine and Lil Nas X, as well as wrestler Thea Trinidad. They have since deleted their Tweets.

After the Twitter confusion, manager Steve Rifkind took to Instagram with a video message to clarify that DMX is still alive, urging fans to stop posting “RIP” messages for the sake of his family.

The hip hop star, whose real name is Earl Simmons, is in White Plains Hospital in a critical condition with “some brain activity” after being rushed to hospital late last Friday night.

He suffered a heart attack reportedly triggered by a drug overdose at around 11pm last Friday and needed to be revived “several times” by paramedics.

According to website TMZ, his family are facing the difficult decision whether to turn off his life support after tests showed no improvement in brain activity.

The publication reported he was in a coma, with the family having asked his long-time friend Mr Rifkind to fly to New York on Friday to be by his side. It comes after hundreds of fans, friends and extended family crowded outside the hospital Monday night to pray for the music icon.

Due to COVID-19 restrictions, his family members have not all been allowed to enter the ICU, the NY Post reported on Monday.

TMZ first reported sources close to the rapper who claimed a drug overdose triggered the heart attack. DMX’s lawyer Murray Richman confirmed the heart attack to Pix11, but did not confirm an overdose.

“He has been taken off the life support system and is breathing on his own. But we are concerned,” Mr Richman said earlier this week. “It would be disingenuous of me to suggest I’m not a worried man at this particular point.”

Angelo Ellerbee, a rep for the star, told ET,“He is in a medical state from which I don’t think he will recover.”

Another source told TMZ that the artist is in a “vegetative state” and doctors had cautioned that he may not make it.

One more revealed he had recently battled coronavirus, and was struggling with a drug addiction relapse.

“This is a very difficult time for the family. They are standing by his bedside, holding his hand and praying. They are really in prayer mode,” the source explained.

DMX burst onto the rap scene in the ‘90s and has released a total of seven studio albums. He has three Grammy nominations to his name, two for Rap Solo Performance and one for Rap Album. His best-selling album … And Then There Was X, released in 1999, was certified five-time multi-platinum.

Not only is he prolific in the hip hop world – the 50-year-old has a whopping 15 children.

In 2019, he told GQ he even has a Bible verse about being a procreator tattooed on his neck. “Exodus 1:7. It says, ‘Be fruitful and multiply and your children will inherit the world.’”

That verse inspired the name for his youngest child with fiance Desiree Lindstrom. Their son Exodus was born in 2016, but details about his other kids are somewhat scant, with the rapper having once told podcast The Breakfast Club that he has 15 children with nine different women.





Source link

Texas shooting at Kent Moore Cabinets in Bryan: 1 dead, 5 injured





Thank you for checking out this news article about USA news published as “Texas shooting at Kent Moore Cabinets in Bryan: 1 dead, 5 injured”. This story was shared by My Local Pages as part of our local and national news services.

#Texas #shooting #Kent #Moore #Cabinets #Bryan #dead #injured



Source link

1 dead, 4 critically injured in Texas office shooting; suspect in custody


The shooting took place at a cabinet company in Bryan, Texas.

Six people were shot, with one killed, Thursday afternoon at a cabinet-making business in Bryan, Texas, just outside of College Station, officials said. A Department of Public Safety officer was also shot while apprehending the suspect.

Four people were critically injured in the shooting at Kent Moore Cabinets and taken to St. Joseph Health Regional Hospital, Bryan Police Department Chief Eric Buske said. Another person was shot and taken to the hospital with non-critical injuries.

One victim was pronounced dead at the scene.

Bryan police said the lone suspect is in custody. The person is an employee of the company, Buske said.

The suspect had fled the location when Bryan police arrived shortly after 2:30 p.m. local time. He was taken into custody in Grimes County, Sheriff Donald Sowell told ABC News.

A Department of Public Safety officer was shot when taking the person into custody. He is in serious, but stable condition, the DPS said.

A seventh individual was taken to the hospital after suffering an asthma attack.

“Officers responded, they found several victims, and they were checking the area, check the building looking for more victims,” Bryan Police Department Lt. Jason James said in a brief presser. “This is a fluid event still so we’re still trying to get some more information.”

The FBI said in a statement it was “aware of the incident that occurred today in Bryan,” but the Bryan Police Department is leading the investigation. The Houston Field Division of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives is also responding.

“I have been working closely with the Texas Department of Public Safety and the Texas Rangers as they assist local law enforcement on a swift response to this criminal act,” Texas Gov. Greg Abbott said in a statement. “Their efforts led to the arrest of the shooting suspect. The state will assist in any way needed to help prosecute the suspect.”

“[Abbott’s wife] Cecilia and I are praying for the victims and their families and for the law enforcement officer injured while apprehending the suspect,” he added.

Just hours earlier, Abbott had criticized President Joe Biden’s new executive actions aimed at gun reform.

“Biden is threatening our 2nd Amendment rights. He just announced a new liberal power grab to take away our guns,” he tweeted. “We will NOT allow this in TX.”

ABC News’ Abby Shalawylo and Gina Sunseri contributed to this report.



Thank you for stopping to visit My Local Pages. We Hope you enjoyed seeing this news article involving USA Business, International and Political news named “1 dead, 4 critically injured in Texas office shooting; suspect in custody”. This story is shared by My Local Pages as part of our national news services.

#dead #critically #injured #Texas #office #shooting #suspect #custody



Source link

One dead and multiple injured in Texas mass shooting



One person is dead and at least five others are injured after a person reportedly opened fire inside a warehouse in Bryan, Texas.

Thank you for visiting My Local Pages. We hope you enjoyed seeing this post involving National and Northern Territory News and updates called “One dead and multiple injured in Texas mass shooting”. This post was posted by MyLocalPages Australia as part of our Australian news services.

#dead #multiple #injured #Texas #mass #shooting



Source link