Former wrestling star Marty Jannetty posts confession he ‘made a man disappear’


Former wrestling star Marty Jannetty appears to have admitted to making a man “disappear” in a disturbing Facebook post.

The former WWE star claimed the incident took place when he worked at a bowling alley, aged 13.

Kayo is your ticket to the best sport streaming Live & On-Demand, including WWE RAW, Smackdown and NXT. New to Kayo? Get your 14-day free trial & start streaming instantly >

Jannetty, now 60, shared the concerning story, which has since been deleted, to his social media page.

The post appears to insinuate he committed a crime against a would-be attacker, who was “never found”.

It then seems to suggest the victim was left in the Chattahoochee River, which spans Georgia, Alabama, and Florida.

According to RingsideNews, the post read: “I never told no one this, even my brother Geno … cause Geno would‘ve killed him, and I didn’t want my brother gone.

“He‘d only recently come home from Viet Nam.

“I was 13, working at Victory Lanes bowling alley buying weed from a f** that worked there.

“He put his hands on me … he dragged me around to the back of the building … you already know what he was gonna try to do.

“That was the very first time I made a man disappear.

“They never found him … they should of looked in the Chattahoochee River … but Winnie [the girl in these pics] I like you so damn much, probably my favourite.

“But I promised myself way back then, nobody would ever hurt me again … that includes you.

“I loved you but you hurt me with your f****** Jamaican jealousy. You can go your own way, I don‘t need you.”

A commenter asked if Jannetty was doing OK, to which the former pro-wrestler responded that the two had a “fall out.”

“But, if you’re asking bout the other thing. yes, that was a billion years ago, plus, I have the satisfaction of knowing that B***H a** n*nja never got to do another kid like that..”

Jannetty did not immediately return The Sun’s request for comment about his now-deleted Facebook post.

But according to TMZ, the Columbia Police Department in Georgia said they are going to “look into this.”

This is not the first time that Jannetty‘s social media activity has shocked his fans.

In 2018, Jannetty claimed his life was almost destroyed when his Facebook page was hacked.

The sick hackers put a post up on his page that said he wanted to have sex with his own daughter.

And he raised serious concerns last year when he revealed he bedded his sex addiction counsellor and went on a 60-day bender.

This story first appeared in The Sun and was republished with permission.



Source link

Democracy activists’ books disappear from Hong Kong libraries after new law


Publications by outstanding Hong Kong pro-democracy figures have turn into unavailable in the Chinese-ruled city’s general public libraries as they are getting reviewed to see no matter if they violate a new national security regulation, a government division said on Sunday.

The sweeping laws, which came into pressure on Tuesday night time at the similar time its contents have been released, punishes crimes connected to secession, subversion, terrorism and collusion with international forces, with punishments of up to lifetime in prison.

Riot police inquiries a gentleman around the US Consulate in Hong Kong on 4 July, 2020.

AAP

Hong Kong community libraries “will evaluation whether particular books violate the stipulations of the National Security Legislation,” the Leisure and Cultural Solutions Section, which runs the libraries, stated in a assertion.

“While authorized information will be sought in the approach of the critique, the publications will not be accessible for borrowing and reference in libraries.”

A look for for publications by youthful activist Joshua Wong or pro-democracy politician Tanya Chan on the public libraries site confirmed the textbooks, including “Unfree Speech,” co-authored by Wong, both unavailable or below critique.

“The nationwide protection law … imposes a mainland-type censorship regime on this worldwide fiscal metropolis,” Wong tweeted on Saturday, introducing his titles “are now susceptible to reserve censorship.”

The national-safety legislation has been criticised by professional-democracy activists, legal professionals and overseas governments who dread it would be utilized to stifle dissent and undermine freedoms the former British colony was promised when it returned to Chinese rule in 1997.

The working day right after the law came into effect, 1 person was arrested for carrying a Hong Kong independence flag.

2 July 2020: Australia drafting program to offer protected haven to Hong Kong inhabitants

On Friday, the community government declared the slogan “Liberate Hong Kong, revolution of our times” illegal. And a guy who had pushed a motorcycle into police officers throughout a protest and carried a flag with that concept was charged with terrorism and inciting secessionism.

Local and Beijing officials have frequently said the legislation would not curb freedom of speech or the media, nor any other rights in the metropolis. The new law, they said, only targets a couple of “troublemakers.”

It is unclear how several publications are below critique. Two titles by Chinese Nobel Peace Prize-profitable political dissident Liu Xiaobo were nonetheless out there, in accordance to the on-line lookup.



Source hyperlink

Country towns’ sports struggle, as revenue and traditional sources of funding disappear


Community sporting clubs, particularly in country towns, are facing “catastrophic” consequences because of coronavirus, Australia’s leading sports fundraiser has warned.

As elite sports grapple with their financial futures, the Australian Sports Foundation said thousands of much smaller clubs across the country are at risk of closure.

“We’ve had clubs write to us and say, ‘Literally, we’ll be out of business in three months, if we don’t get any financial help’. It’s that serious,” chief executive Patrick Walker said.

The organisation has distributed more than $400 million to Australian sporting organisations over the past 30 years and demand has increased this year.

Australia’s leading sports fundraiser has warned that coronavirus could have “catastrophic” consequences for rural and regional sporting clubs.(Supplied)

“We haven’t come across a single community club, of the thousands that we deal with, who are not seriously concerned about viability and sustainability during the course of this crisis,” Mr Walker said.

“They’re facing no membership revenues at the moment and the traditional sources of funding for community clubs are pretty much disappearing.

Community sport may get some reprieve this Friday, after the next meeting of National Cabinet, but the challenges will not end there.

Club revenue in doubt

The Orbost Snowy Rivers Football and Netball Club in Victoria’s east Gippsland has endured drought, bushfires, a timber industry decline and now the pandemic.

It relies heavily on sponsorship from local businesses such as pubs, shops and agribusinesses.

Club president Royston Nettleton acknowledged they “may not be in a position” to sponsor the teams, if play resumes.

The club has normally raised extra funds by hiring out its facilities for meetings and wakes, selling food and drinks, hosting dinners on game nights and charging a small fee for the elderly to share a meal on Thursday evenings.

People eat meals at long tables inside a sports club.
The Orbost Snowy Rovers Football and Netball club normally hosts paid dinners each Saturday to raise funds — but not during coronavirus.(Supplied)

Beyond the cash it raises, Mr Nettleton said it was about bringing the community together.

Committee member Garry Squires agreed and joked about the “negative effect” of the situation.

“I usually go to the football every Saturday. Now I’m not going, my wife finds other jobs for me to do at home!” he said.

Both men are confident the club will survive because it is not spending any money, but they fear players could lose interest.

“A lot of our footy players are tradies and they’ve still got work, so that’s good,” Mr Nettleton said.

“But we do worry about the ones who are borderline and realise there are other things to do rather than football or netball.

“They may decide they don’t want to play next year because they can just go camping or something each weekend instead.”

Hopes memberships will increase once restrictions ease

Two hours west of Brisbane, in the town of Warwick, Linda Bunch is hoping the pandemic will have the opposite effect on local netballers.

She said players have been “terribly disappointed” to be missing out on games.

A woman in a netball shirt leans on a railing amid empty playing fields.
Linda Bunch from the Warwick and District Netball Association hopes membership numbers will increase when COVID-19 restrictions(ABC News: Caitlyn Gribbin)

“Everyone is doing the right thing and have been at home however many, especially children, are bored,” Ms Bunch said.

Her club has a plan to help families who’ve lost their jobs as a result of coronavirus or those who’ve been struggling due to the ongoing drought.

“Warwick netball’s aim always has been, and will continue to be, [to charge] the lowest possible fees,” Ms Bunch said.

“Should we have families in financial difficulty due to lack of income with COVID-19 and drought, we will willingly and proactively work with these families to ensure the kids do not miss out.”

In the meantime, her players are keeping fit through online netball skills, fitness and nutrition sessions which are being provided by state and national governing bodies.

Country football teams are taking a similar approach, encouraging players to post running times and training achievements on WhatsApp and Facebook threads.

Patrick Walker, from the Australian Sports Foundation, said he welcomed that approach because country towns can’t afford to lose sporting clubs.

“What you find in smaller rural communities is if the footy club or the bowls club goes under, almost the town or community ceases to exist as a viable entity,” he said.

Space to play or pause, M to mute, left and right arrows to seek, up and down arrows for volume.

Former crew reveal coronavirus saga aboard the Ruby Princess



Source link