Central Coast beaches closed due to dangerous surf


Several beaches along the NSW coast have been closed today due to dangerous surf conditions.

Strong currents, large swell and flash rips have prompted more than 10 beaches on the Central Coast to be shut today.

Soldiers Beach, North Entrance Beach, The Entrance Beach, Toowoon Bay, Shelly Beach, Wamberal Beach, Terrigal Beach, North Avoca Beach, Copacabana Beach, Macmasters Beach and Killcare Beach have all been closed to the public.

The closures come after the Bureau of Meteorology issued a warning earlier today for hazardous surf conditions along the Hunter Coast, Sydney Coast, Illawarra Coast, Batemans Coast and Eden Coast.

Surfers, swimmers and rock fishers have been warned to avoid the rough waters today and follow the advice of lifeguards.

Thank you for stopping by to visit My Local Pages and checking this post on “News in the City of Sydney called “Central Coast beaches closed due to dangerous surf”. This article was brought to you by MyLocalPages Australia as part of our Australian events & what’s on stories services.

#Central #Coast #beaches #closed #due #dangerous #surf



Source link

Australia refuses to buy J&J vaccine due to AstraZeneca similarities, as both firms are scrutinized over blood clots — RT World News



Australia has declined to purchase a vaccine made by Johnson & Johnson, because its mechanism is similar to the one used in AstraZeneca’s jab. Both vaccines are currently being investigated for links to blood clots.

The Johnson & Johnson (J&J) vaccine is “an adenovirus vaccine, the same type of vaccine as the AstraZeneca vaccine,” a spokesperson for Australian Health Minister Greg Hunt said in a statement.

The spokesperson said the government “does not intend to purchase any further adenovirus vaccines at this time.” Hunt himself later confirmed to reporters that the government’s vaccine advisory body will not be recommending the purchase of J&J shots.

Australia’s national broadcaster ABC reported that J&J filed an application for “provisional registration” with the country’s drug regulator, the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA). Apart from the AstraZeneca/Oxford vaccine, only the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine is currently approved for use in Australia.

The news came as TGA reported the country’s second case of rare blood clots believed to be linked to the AstraZeneca shot. The first case involved a 45-year-old man from Melbourne who was vaccinated last month. Around 700,000 doses of the vaccine in question had been administered in Australia as of Tuesday, according to local media.



Also on rt.com
Ireland’s vaccine advisory body recommends halting use of AstraZeneca’s Covid-19 vaccine in under-60s over blood clot risk


A British-Swedish company, AstraZeneca came under scrutiny in several countries around the world when some people began suffering from blood clots after being immunized. Earlier, the European Medicines Agency (EMA), EU’s top drug regulator, concluded that the “unusual” blood clots are a “very rare” side effect of AstraZeneca’s vaccine, which is now officially known as Vaxzevria.

The EMA also argued that the benefits of getting the AstraZeneca vaccine still “outweigh” the possible risks from it.

On Friday, the EMA launched an inquiry into the J&J vaccine as well, following reports that four people who received it had suffered from blood clots, and one of them died. In a statement to the media, J&J said that “no clear causal relationship” had been established between the dangerous condition and the shot.

Think your friends would be interested? Share this story!

Thanks for dropping by and checking this article involving International and Russian Political updates titled “Australia refuses to buy J&J vaccine due to AstraZeneca similarities, as both firms are scrutinized over blood clots — RT World News”. This story is presented by MyLocalPages as part of our local and national news services.

#Australia #refuses #buy #vaccine #due #AstraZeneca #similarities #firms #scrutinized #blood #clots #World #News



Source link

North Queensland Cowboys captain Michael Morgan announces retirement due to shoulder injury


Morgan, who was born and raised in Townsville, played his entire NRL career with the Cowboys, racking up 168 games for the team.

He also represented Queensland 12 times in State of Origin and played 12 Tests for Australia.

“It’s been well documented, the problems I have had with my shoulder and I’m now at a point where I am unable to continue playing with it,” Morgan told a press conference in Townsville.

“I’ve had an amazing career, one that I could only dream of as a kid.

“I got to live out my childhood dream and play for the Cowboys 168 times.

“I felt honoured every time I got to put on a Cowboys jersey.”

Thank you for dropping in to My Local Pages and checking out this post regarding “What’s On in the City of Brisbane” called “North Queensland Cowboys captain Michael Morgan announces retirement due to shoulder injury”. This post was presented by My Local Pages Australia as part of our local events & news services.

#North #Queensland #Cowboys #captain #Michael #Morgan #announces #retirement #due #shoulder #injury



Source link

Wilsons Promontory’s southern section closes due to ‘significant’ flood damage, 500 Easter bookings cancelled


Hundreds of hikers have had their Easter holiday plans dashed after Parks Victoria was forced to close the southern section of Wilsons Promontory National Park due to flooding.

Parks Victoria has told the ABC about 500 bookings have been cancelled over the Easter and school holiday period.

Rob Flavell and his son Ari had planned to hike the entire southern circuit this weekend to celebrate Ari’s 16th birthday.

“I got the call this morning [to say the campsites had been closed] and I couldn’t believe it,” Mr Flavell said.

The voicemail message Mr Flavell received from Parks Victoria said it was hoping to have the park open this week, but the damage found could take weeks to clear.

“Sorry to be the bearer of bad news heading into a long weekend,” the voicemail message said.

The Tidal River campsite remains open.

Last Wednesday the National Park received more than 200 millimetres of rainfall.

Chief Ranger Brett Mitchell said most of the floodwaters receded within a day, however, there was now significant damage to the southern sections of the park.

“Some of the damage includes a six- to eight-metre drop-off at the end of the track at Little Oberon Bay where the sand has washed out,” he said.

“And [there is] damage to hundreds of metres of the Sealers Cove boardwalk.

“Many access tracks are severely damaged and there is significant risk of falling trees, so we must keep these areas closed until they are safe for visitors.”

The southern section of Wilsons Promontory includes all overnight hike campsites, Wilsons Promontory Lightstation and Mt Oberon summit.

The Parks Victoria website stated it hoped to reopen the southern section by April 14. 

Other parts of the National Park reopened on Friday.

Mr Flavell had tried to book the hike on Ari’s birthday in January but had not been able to secure a campsite.

He said to have their Easter trip cancelled at the last minute was “really disappointing”.

“It is something he requested for his birthday, which I thought was a really nice thing,” Mr Flavell said.

“I might go up to Mt Stirling in the high country.

Thanks for dropping by and checking out this story regarding “News & What’s On in The Gippsland Region titled “Wilsons Promontory’s southern section closes due to ‘significant’ flood damage, 500 Easter bookings cancelled”. This news release was shared by MyLocalPages as part of our local and national events & news stories services.

#Wilsons #Promontorys #southern #section #closes #due #significant #flood #damage #Easter #bookings #cancelled



Source link

Mother of four locked out of emergency accommodation due to paperwork issue


The head of South Australia’s Housing Authority has apologised to a mother of four who has been locked out of her emergency accommodation five times in the past fortnight because the agency failed to complete the necessary paperwork.

Kirsty told ABC Radio Adelaide this morning that her family would not have anywhere to go if the SA Housing Authority did not get the paperwork through today to extend her stay.

“My key was disabled again this morning because Housing SA hasn’t done the appropriate paperwork,” she said.

Last September, Kirsty was told she had to leave her home of five years.

Since then, she has applied for about 200 rental properties without success.

After couch surfing for three months, housing services placed her in a motel room.

“If Housing SA don’t get the paperwork promptly to them this morning, then they are probably going to ask me to pack all my stuff up and get out and I won’t have anywhere to go,” Kirsty said.

After hearing Kirsty’s story, SA Housing Authority Chief Executive Michael Buchan issued an apology.

Mr Buchan said there was an increasing number of families looking for public housing.

“Kirsty is not alone at the moment, there are lots of people in very similar circumstances,” he said.

“It goes to show the challenges we have at the moment and, in particular, when the private rental market isn’t able to provide housing for people who would otherwise be in it.”

Labor MP Nat Cook called for more to be done to help Kirsty and other families in similar circumstances.(

ABC News

)

Opposition’s Nat Cook says ‘go back to your office and do the work’

Opposition human services spokesperson Nat Cook said she was furious at Mr Buchan’s response to Kirsty’s situation.

“I’m absolutely gasping at this, seriously Michael Buchan, you need to look at the policies and take charge of this and change them,” she said.

“People in the sector knew months ago that families were going to be homeless — like Kirsty — suffering this indignity and this embarrassment.

Ms Cook said she had received three more calls over the weekend from women in similar circumstances to Kirsty.

“I just cannot believe that someone can sit there in that position and wring their hands and say sorry,” she said.

“You’ve got no answers, you’ve got nothing for Kirsty and nothing to say about the 1,700 homes that are empty that we have found with kitchens that are brand new available for someone like Kirsty to live in.”

Mr Buchan said there were currently 600 properties available and awaiting allocation and another 1,400 homes that were vacant but needed upgrading or repairs.

“We would have properties that match Kirsty’s needs, but they are probably not in the area that she wants to live,” he said.

He said policy making had been “very agile” in recent times.

“We were able to find a huge amount of accommodation [for people] who were really needy during the COVID period and we continue to do that essentially every day,” Mr Buchan said.

Thank you for visiting My Local Pages. We hope you enjoyed checking this news release involving South Australian and Australian news called “Mother of four locked out of emergency accommodation due to paperwork issue”. This post was brought to you by MyLocalPages Australia as part of our local news services.

#Mother #locked #emergency #accommodation #due #paperwork #issue



Source link

New Zealand Warriors star Addin Fonua-Blake set to miss two months of season due to knee injury


“There’s no doubt any time a club loses a player of that quality and that seniority it’s got to have some effect on you.”

Addin Fonua-Blake will be sitting on the sidelines for a big portion of the 2021 season.Credit:Getty

Fonua-Blake is the latest in a long line of injury blows for the club this year. The Warriors will be without Peta Hiku until about round seven after the veteran picked up a knee injury against the Raiders in round three.

Euan Aitken also has been ruled out for up to four months with an ankle injury suffered in round one, while halfback Chanel Harris-Tavita is out for up to three months with a stress fracture in his foot.

Jamayne Taunoa-Brown is still suspended after being banned for a crusher tackle in round two.

The Warriors are not the only club facing a significant injury toll early in the season with the Roosters, Sharks and Raiders facing similar woes.

Loading

Knights coach Adam O’Brien said he would struggle to put a roster together this week following a disastrous round-four clash against the Dragons on Sunday, which Tex Hoy, Mitchell Pearce and Kurt Mann failed to finish.

Dragons captain Ben Hunt, who played 71 minutes with a broken leg in round three, has slammed the NRL in recent days, believing the rule changes have played a major part in the injury onslaught.

Thank you for stopping to visit My Local Pages. We Hope you enjoyed checking this news update on League news called “New Zealand Warriors star Addin Fonua-Blake set to miss two months of season due to knee injury”. This article was posted by MyLocalPages as part of our local and national news services.

#Zealand #Warriors #star #Addin #FonuaBlake #set #months #season #due #knee #injury



Source link

V8 Supercars 2021, Tasmania SuperSprint postponed due to Queensland coronavirus outbreak


Supercars has confirmed the upcoming Beaurepaires Tasmania SuperSprint has been delayed by one week.

The decision has been made amid the ongoing COVID-19 situation in Brisbane.

In response to the outbreak, the Greater Brisbane area has been locked down, with a number of border controls being imposed.

Red Bull Ampol Racing is based in Brisbane, while Shell V-Power Racing Team and Matt Stone Racing are in the Gold Coast area.

Stream Every Practice, Qualifier & Race of the 2021 Repco Supercars Championship Live & On-Demand on Kayo. New to Kayo? Try 14-Days Free Now >

Thank you for visiting My Local Pages and checking this post regarding InterInternational and Australian Sports updates called “V8 Supercars 2021, Tasmania SuperSprint postponed due to Queensland coronavirus outbreak”. This post was presented by My Local Pages Australia as part of our national news services.

#Supercars #Tasmania #SuperSprint #postponed #due #Queensland #coronavirus #outbreak



Source link

Brisbane trains will not run over Easter long weekend due to Cross River Rail work


For the four-day long weekend from April 2, 11 train lines in Brisbane will be shut down, including the Airtrain service, and replaced by buses.

The closures are expected to affect up to 140,000 passengers and put extra pressure on south-east Queensland roads.

Cross River Rail general manager Matthew Martyn-Jones said to deliver the $5.4 billion project, the network had to be closed to do extensive track and construction work.

“It involves things like rewiring, re-signalling, cable works, actually lowering the track in some places, and also extensive drainage and sewage relocation work,” Mr Martyn-Jones said.

Rail lines impacted are:

“We know from the data pre-COVID and now with COVID, that realistically we’re looking at passenger loads being around about half, or even a bit lower than what they normally would be,” he said.

Thank you for stopping by to visit My Local Pages and checking out this post on “What’s On in the City of Brisbane” named “Brisbane trains will not run over Easter long weekend due to Cross River Rail work”. This post was posted by MyLocalPages as part of our local and national events & what’s on news services.

#Brisbane #trains #run #Easter #long #weekend #due #Cross #River #Rail #work



Source link

Sentencing of driver in 2019 Binda fatality adjourned due to non-appearance | Goulburn Post


news, local-news, court, picker, fatality, binda, trevor, meers, Goulburn, crime

Sentencing of the driver of the car that killed prominent wool grower Trevor Picker in a multi-vehicle car crash near Binda in 2019 was adjourned due to his non-appearance in court today. Blake Robert Meers, 29, of Crookwell, was represented by Key Chambers’ barrister Jason Moffett at Goulburn District Court on March 25. READ ALSO: Meers faced charges of dangerous driving occasioning death, drive vehicle with illicit drug present in blood, and three charges of cause bodily harm by misconduct while in charge of a motor vehicle. Mr Moffett said the defendant was not present because he was not informed of the court date. “It’s entirely unacceptable but that’s the explanation,” he said. He said Meers was currently “not well” in Chippendale and was awaiting COVID-19 testing at Royal Prince Alfred Hospital. Judge Mark Williams said “full-time custody [was] inevitable” for Meers. The sentencing of the case was initially adjourned in February 2021 to allow the defence to obtain medical reports in regards to a possible head injury. Mr Moffett said 156 pages of notes from Canberra Hospital had proven there was “no clinical evidence” Meers had suffered a brain injury that could have led to the crash. He said an additional expert report had revealed the “small amount” of cannabis found in Meers’ system had “no causality in this collision”. “Drugs are not an issue in this case,” he said. The case was adjourned to March 30 at Goulburn District Court. We depend on subscription revenue to support our journalism. If you are able, please subscribe here. If you are already a subscriber, thank you for your support.

/images/transform/v1/crop/frm/DaHt57RjVSvtvCBUgFzTWj/ba9fe03e-7dfc-4a65-bca6-ec27c76c27a2.jpg/r3_0_1198_675_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

SUBSCRIBER



Thank you for stopping by to visit My Local Pages and checking out this news release regarding National and New South Wales News and updates titled “Sentencing of driver in 2019 Binda fatality adjourned due to non-appearance | Goulburn Post”. This news article was brought to you by My Local Pages as part of our national news services.

#Sentencing #driver #Binda #fatality #adjourned #due #nonappearance #Goulburn #Post



Source link

CLOSURES DUE TO WATER OVER ROADS


THIS INFORMATION IS BEING UP-DATED AS NEWS COMES IN: Council kindly advises residents to exercise caution as we experience heavy rain in our region. Many causeways are underwater. Please obey all signage and flood indicators and if you encounter water on the road DO NOT ATTEMPT TO CROSS IT.
As at 12:37pm on Tuesday, 23 March 2021 temporary flooding has been reported in the following locations:
– Emmaville Road is closed between Glen Innes and Emmaville.
– Wellington Vale Road between Deepwater and Emmaville.
– Grafton Street causeway, Glen Innes.
– Strathbogie Road at the Willows.
– Nine Mile Road, Dundee.
– Torrington Road, north of Deepwater.
– Maybole Road, Ben Lomond.
– Stonehenge Road.
– Mt Mitchell Road from Glencoe (Glen Legh Road if open at time of writing).
– A number of locations in Glencoe.
– Furracabad Road at the causeways.
– Red Range Road (one lane closure approx. 2km from Red Range village).
– Bald Nob Road.
– Severn River Road.
– Bargens Road.
– Bezzants Road, Deepwater.
– Old Ben Lomond Road.
– Waterloo Road, Matheson.
– Red Range Road at the Beardy River.
Works staff are currently inspecting locations that are prone to flooding and more information will be provided as it is known.
If you require any further information, please contact Council’s Department of Infrastructure Services on telephone 02 6730 2371 between 8.30am and 4.30pm Monday to Friday.
Outside of office hours, emergency works should be phoned to Council’s on-call Roads and Drainage Crew on 0409 817 242.
 
 
 

Thank you for dropping in to My Local Pages and checking out this article on “What’s On in the Glenn Innes Severn Council Area” named ”
CLOSURES DUE TO WATER OVER ROADS “. This article was shared by My Local Pages Australia as part of our holiday events and news aggregator services.

#CLOSURES #DUE #WATER #ROADS



Source link