TV magician Dynamo’s claims that he suffered a horrendous bout of food poisoning after eating at a London KFC restaurant have been slammed by the branch’s owner.
Dynamo – real name Stephen Frayne – claims he needed urgent medical attention after eating at the branch in 2017, alleging that “uncooked chicken” was to blame.
The incident, he added, had more serious undertones due to his Crohn’s disease, which means food poisoning would hit him harder than it would most others.
Now the Magician Impossible illusionist, 38, is now seeking upwards of £200,000 from KFC’s franchisee, Alim Investments Ltd.
But now the firm has stood by its food safety standards.
In a written defence at the High Court, Howard Stevens QC said Alim denies “the meal was not of satisfactory quality.”
The firm will also fight claims the chicken was “defective” or “unfit for human consumption.”
Mr Stevens went on to say that it had received a five-star hygiene rating in 2016, its chicken is supplied in frozen form, and the processes for safely handling the food are well-established.
Alim may also claim that Dynamo’s loss of earnings resulted from “his own negligence”, reasoning that he “is understood regularly to have eaten food from the restaurant and that it is well known that fried food can exacerbate Crohn’s disease.”
Alim’s defence and Dynamo’s personal injury claim are now lodged at the court, but the case is yet to go before a judge.
Dynamo’s legal documents state: “[He] claims damages for personal injuries which [he] sustained as a consequence of his having consumed a meal on June 27, 2017 from the KFC in Haverstock Hill.
“[He] said injury was caused by the negligence and/or breach of duty by the defendant.”
Dynamo said he’d headed to the branch after performing at the O2, claiming he found himself “in the bathroom” hours later, “in the worst pain you can imagine, vomiting uncontrollably.”
Following the ordeal, he said: “I know exactly what it was that caused the food poisoning – it was the chicken.
“I know where I got it from. I’ve got the receipt. I’m considering taking action right now and seeing what I can do. I’m talking to my team about it.”
The Mirror has reached out to reps of Dynamo for further comment.
Thank you for stopping by to visit My Local Pages and checking out this news article involving International and United Kingdom news and updates called "KFC owner hits back at Dynamo's 'food poisoning' claim as he seeks £200K damages". This post is posted by MyLocalPages as part of our local and national news services.
#KFC #owner #hits #Dynamos #food #poisoning #claim #seeks #200K #damages