SEN’s Chief Sports Reporter Sam Edmund is standing by his story that Adam Treloar was told last week that senior members of Collingwood didn’t want him part of the football club in 2021.
After Edmund broke the story on Monday afternoon, Pies coach Nathan Buckley responded on Twitter – the first time any official from the club has spoken on the simmering tensions between Treloar and Collingwood.
“The constant rumour and innuendo is disrespectful to Adam, the club and our supporters,” Buckley tweeted on Monday.
“We’ll continue to communicate directly and sensitively with (Treloar) and his management.
“FYI, our leaders don’t sit on list management, it’s not their job.”
Speaking on SEN’s Bob and Andy, Edmund said he was still “rock solid comfortable” on his explosive story.
“You know that tweet is going to come from Nathan Buckley,” Edmund said.
“I’m not an elder statesman of the media, but I have been around long enough to know what stories are the hand grenades and what ones are the feather dusters.
“I think it’s fair to say I went in to this one eyes wide open – I double and triple checked the messaging and everything around it to make sure I was 150 per cent sure.
“And even then, such is the explosive nature of it that I was reluctant and thought whether it’s worth the grief.
“I am rock solid comfortable with that version of events.
“Adam Treloar is extremely popular at Colingwood. I can tell you that conversation between Nathan Buckley and Adam Treloar absolutely took place.
“People have been wondering what will happen next with Adam Treloar. I think this shows they absoutely want his contract off the books.”