Karni Sena volunteers to escort Kangana Ranaut from Mumbai airport amid tussle with Shiv Sena


Now, fringe outfit Karni Sena has said it will be giving protection to Bollywood actor Kangana Ranaut upon her arrival in Mumbai on Wednesday.

Now, Karni Sena has volunteered to protect Kangana Ranaut upon her arrival in Mumbai. (PTI file photo)

As the tussle between Bollywood actor Kangana Ranaut and Shiv Sena leaders in Maharashtra refuses to die down, fringe outfit Karni Sena has extended support towards the actor and said they will be escorting her from Mumbai airport to her home.

Jeevan Solanki of Karni Sena has said, “Karni Sena will be present at Mumbai airport on September 9 to support Kangana Ranaut. Karni Sena members will be protecting and escorting Kangana Ranaut from the airport to her home.”

“There will be a team of Karni Sena members at the airport who will take Kangana to her home with their own security. Karni Sena is taking responsibility of Kangana Ranaut’s security in Mumbai,” said Solanki, a member of the outfit.

Meanwhile, government sources have said the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) has granted Y category security for Kangana Ranaut ahead of her Mumbai visit amid the heated exchange she had with Shiv Sena leader Sanjay Raut.

Kangana Ranaut had recently compared Mumbai to Pakistan-occupied Kashmir (PoK), triggering angry reactions from the Maharashtra government and Shiv Sena leaders. Her comments came after Sanjay Raut had warned her against returning to Mumbai from her home state Himachal Pradesh.

On Sunday, the Himachal Pradesh government said the state will provide security to Kangana Ranaut and was reportedly also considering to extend the security during her upcoming visit to Mumbai. The decision was announced by Himachal Chief Minister Jairam Thakur.

Meanwhile, two separate complaints have been filed with Mumbai Police against actor Kangana Ranaut over her remark where she compared Mumbai to Pakistan-occupied-Kashmir (PoK). While one of the complaints was submitted by Ali Kashif Khan Deshmukh, a lawyer, at Andheri police station on Friday, another was submitted at Azad Maidan police station by a city Congress functionary.



Source link

Aurus Escort Electric Motorcycle Revealed In Russia


The Aurus Escort is an electric motorcycle developed as part of Vladimir Putin’s fleet of vehicles.



expandView Photos

The Aurus Escort electric motorcycle will be unveiled in 2022

The Aurus Escort electric motorcycle is set to be the new escort motorcycle for Russian President Vladimir Putin’s motorcade, according to latest reports. The motorcycle, called just ‘Escort’, will be the first vehicle to go fully-electric under the Aurus name. Other vehicles in the Aurus line-up include a limousine, a van, and a SUV. The state-backed luxury carmaker produces several special armoured variants of its vehicles for President Putin. The Aurus Escort electric motorcycle is expected to make it to production only by 2022, and so far, only a few images have been released.

Also Read: Honda Patents Reveal New Electric Motorcycle

np8hlkbs

So far, only images have been released of the Aurus Escort electric motorcycle

On the latest patent images, an electric touring motorcycle is shown, with a big windscreen and hard case panniers. No particular name or badge appears on the drawings of the motorcycle, and only the designation “Escort” is mentioned. So, it’s pretty much likely to be an escort motorcycle for the cavalcade of vehicles. Rest of the details are scarce, and what we do know is that the electric motor is good for 112 kW (150 bhp) with a top speed rated at 240 kmph.

Also Read: Kawasaki Endeavour Electric Motorcycle May Be Close To Completion

0 Comments

The images show a bulky touring motorcycle with a tall, adjustable windshield. The electric motor is housed in an aluminium frame, and the rear swingarm also seems to be made from aluminium. The front end, with a central shock absorber, seems similar to BMW Motorrad’s duolever front end. The riding position is expected to be comfortable with high and wide handlebars and a hollowed-out saddle for the rider.

For the latest auto news and reviews, follow carandbike.com on Twitter, Facebook, and subscribe to our YouTube channel.





Source link

Canberra residents stranded in Victoria due to coronavirus restrictions may get police escort home


Nearly 100 Canberrans are stranded in Victoria waiting to return to the ACT, after being prevented from crossing the border by New South Wales police.

Many were surprised to learn on Friday they would not be allowed to drive through NSW to the ACT, despite having permission from ACT Health to do so.

Under new hotel quarantine requirements in NSW, anyone entering the state from Victoria must pass through Sydney Airport.

Canberra residents are now waiting in Victoria to learn if some agreement can be made between ACT and NSW authorities to allow them to drive home.

It is understood the primary reason for NSW authorities’ reluctance to allow the ACT residents to drive home is the risk travellers with the virus may pass through regional towns along the route home.

The ACT Government has offered to send ACT police officers to escort the group directly back to Canberra, but that offer has not been taken up as yet.

Chief Minister Andrew Barr took to social media to warn those stuck at the border a resolution was still some time away.

“Extensive efforts [are] being made by the ACT to satisfy NSW concerns (police escorts etc),” he said.

The only immediate option available to those in Victoria trying to return to the ACT is to travel into Melbourne and fly directly to Canberra.

Just one flight is available today, leaving Melbourne at 4:00pm.

A sign saying no entry to nsw big fines next to a sign saying welcome to albury.
People can no longer drive from Victoria into NSW unless they have a border community permit.(ABC News: Greg Ryan)

Flying is not an option for stranded Canberran Anne Cahill Lambert and her husband Rod Lambert.

Mr Lambert had been working as a locum doctor in north-east Victoria for the past four months.

His contract concluded last week, so the couple applied for permits to travel home and were given permission from both the ACT and NSW authorities to do so.

But when they arrived at the border on Friday “it all went to hell in a hand basket”.

After being told they could not cross, Ms Cahill Lambert contacted the NSW COVID-19 service centre and was told their only option was to travel to Melbourne and fly to Sydney for mandatory quarantine.

“Without my car, without my dog, and without all the things packed in my car,” she said.

Ms Cahill Lambert also works in the health system. While she said she was committed to the public health directives, she was angry the rules were changed “at a moment’s notice”.

“I can’t think in what realm you would instruct someone to go to Melbourne, which is the epicentre of the pandemic at the moment, and catch a flight in a confined space,” she said.

Ms Cahill Lambert urged the NSW Chief Health Officer to consider adapting rules to individual cases.

“We’re been isolated in north-east Victoria where there has been no cases [of COVID-19],” she said.

For now, Ms Cahill Lambert said she, her husband and dog were staying put and waiting for “common sense to prevail.”



Source link