Jadon Sancho addresses transfer talk as Manchester United and Dortmund negotiate £108m deal



Jadon Sancho has addressed the intense speculation over his future as Manchester United and Borussia Dortmund continue talks over a deal.

Dortmund are demanding £108million for the England winger, who scored 17 goals and provided 17 assists last season.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is determined to sign his no.1 summer target and United are understood to be relaxed about the player returning to training with Dortmund.


Sancho says he tries to ignore rumours about his future and is instead concentrating on getting his fitness back during pre-season.

“I try not to look at the media because I think once you start looking at all that it would be easy to get carried away with it,” Sancho told Soccerbible.

“It can affect players. For me it’s about not looking at those things and just focusing on trying to do the best I can on the pitch. Especially in training.

“For me it’s about improving every single day. It’s important for me to keep a smile on my face and keep happy.

“I don’t really look at all the noise and all that stuff. I’d rather keep my head down, keep focus and improve every day.”



Source link

Jadon Sancho: Borussia Dortmund set deal deadline for Man Utd target


Jadon Sancho scored 17 goals in 32 Bundesliga appearances last season as Borussia Dortmund finished second

Borussia Dortmund have set a 10 August deadline to agree a deal for forward Jadon Sancho – who is Manchester United’s top summer transfer target – to leave the club.

The German club have told United they want in excess of £100m for the 20-year-old England winger.

There is no agreement yet on a fee, which would be paid in instalments.

Dortmund have set the deadline because they want undisturbed preparation for the 2020-21 Bundesliga season.

The new campaign starts on 18 September, with the transfer deadline for international deals on 5 October.

Sancho has been at Dortmund for three years, having signed from Manchester City in August 2017 for a fee of about £10m.

In July, Dortmund beat United to the signing of 17-year-old English midfielder Jude Bellingham from Birmingham City in a deal that could be worth over £30m.

They also bought Norway forward Erling Braut Haaland from Red Bull Salzburg earlier in the season – another player United tried hard to bring to Old Trafford.



Source link

Borussia Dortmund chief offers Jadon Sancho transfer hope to Man Utd and Chelsea


Man Utd and Chelsea have been offered some hope in the transfer race for Jadon Sancho, after a Borussia Dortmund chief admitted the expectation of high transfer fees is likely to diminish over the course of the summer.

Dortmund were keen to stress early on in during lockdown that coronavirus would not alter their asking price for star winger Sancho.

A fee of around £100-120million has been touted for the 20-year-old, though the current economic crisis may have forced Dortmund to take stock and reassess the situation.

Asked about the club’s prospective transfer dealings, Dortmund’s head of sales, marketing and business development, Carsten Cramer said on an online forum: “Usually at this time of year the squad for next season is already done. Maybe you sell some players but the plans are done.

Sancho’s future at Dortmund remains up in the air

“Everyone has to be as flexible as possible. I’m very sure the business on loan will become of higher relevance than periods before and for sure it will take a longer time to plan your squad.

“I’m very, very sure that not on July 1 or even August 1 your team is done. Flexibility is very important, patience will be important.

“I’m very sure the expectations of high fees will go down as well.”

Cramer’s comments suggest Dortmund could be willing to accept a lower than asking price bid for Sancho, with potentially the option for interested clubs to loan the star with an obligation to buy him at a later date.

Sancho still has two years left to run on his current deal at Dortmund, and unless he signs an extension, this would be the ideal window to cash in on his services.

And former Man Utd midfielder Owen Hargreaves believes Sancho is tailor-made to be a hit at Old Trafford.

Hargreaves said: “Things go in cycles. Man United will be back and the ­recruitment of a player like Jadon would help.

Read More

Mirror Football’s Top Stories

“I know Sancho is going to cost a lot of money, but you have a player who, ­potentially for the next decade, is going to be a unique player to watch.

“Can he become a Ballon d’Or winner? Yes, because potentially he is off the charts.

“The impact he has had already has been quite astonishing.”

Sign up to the Mirror Football email here for the latest news and transfer gossip.





Source link

Jadon Sancho responds to Trent Alexander-Arnold over Liverpool transfer plea


Jadon Sancho has given Liverpool fans plenty to get excited about after responding to transfer comments made by Trent Alexander-Arnold.

The Reds right-back was doing an Instagram Live with Michael Dapaah in which he was asked about the prospect of Sancho heading to Anfield.

Alexander-Arnold was of course in favour of a move having played with the Borussia Dortmund star with England.

“If he came to us, he’d make our team better,” Alexander-Arnold told Dapaah. “So I’d be more than happy for him to come. I played with him for England and he’s a special, special, special, special talent.”

Jadon Sancho responded to Trent Alexander-Arnold’s comments

Sancho was tuning in to the video and responded with series of eye emojis which suggest he may be open to the move.

Liverpool have always been linked with the 20-year-old and that will only intensify after the player’s comments.

Rivals Manchester United and Chelsea are also in the frame with the former having a long standing interest in the forward.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is keen to recruit young, homegrown talent and Sancho perfectly fits the bill.

Jadon Sancho has been linked with several Premier League sides

His rapid rise since moving to Germany has seen his value soar to around £100m.

Dortmund chiefs have reiterated their desire to keep Sancho, who has a contract with the Bundesliga club until 2022.

The current coronavirus pandemic has tested the finances of football clubs meaning transfer spending may be affected.

And United’s executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward has told fans that mega-money deals could be beyond them this summer.

Read More

Mirror Football’s Top Stories

He said: “Nobody should be under any illusions about the scale of challenge facing everyone in football and it may not be ‘business as usual’ for any clubs, including ourselves, in the transfer market this summer.”

“As ever our priority is the success of team, but we need visibility of the impact across the whole industry, including timings of the transfer window, and the wider financial picture, before we can talk about a return to normality.”





Source link