1/2 kg beef, cubed
1/4 tsp + 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/4 tsp + 1/4 tsp pepper powder
1 onion, thinly sliced
3 tsp ginger, chopped
3 tsp garlic, chopped
2 sprig curry leaves
1 1/2 tsp chilli powder
1 1/2 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp fennel powder
1 small tomato, chopped
1/4 cup thick coconut milk
salt to taste
2-3 tbsp oil
2 porotta for each kizhi
- Clean the beef pieces and marinate it with 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, 1/4 tsp pepper powder and salt for at least 30 minutes.
- Then pressure cook it for 5-6 whistles until done.
- Heat oil in a thick bottomed pan over medium flame and add sliced onion and little salt and saute well until transparent.
- Add ginger, garlic and curry leaves and saute until the raw smell disappears and the onion turns light golden.
- Reduce the flame to low and add turmeric powder, chilli powder, fennel seed powder and coriander powder and mix well for a minute till the raw smell disappears.
- Add chopped tomato and saute until tomato gets mashed up and oil separates. Add 2 tbsp water if required.
- Add 3/4 tsp garam masala and mix well. Now add the cooked beef along with the gravy , mix well and bring it to a boil.
- Add coconut milk into this, mix well and cook covered for 8-10 minutes at medium-low flame, stirring in between, until the beef pieces are well coated with the masala and the gravy is thick.
- Add 1/4 tsp garam masala and a pinch of pepper powder and mix well. Switch off the flame.
- Wilt the banana leaf by placing on top of the fire for few seconds.
- Take one piece of wilted banana leaf and place 2 porotta and top with prepared beef curry.
13. Add some chopped onions and curry leaves. Wrap it carefully like a kizhi and tie tightly with a twine or banana leaf stem fiber.
14. Repeat the same with remaining beef curry and porottas..
15. Place this kizhi in the steamer and steam cook for 6-8 minutes…Serve hot..
Thank you for dropping by My Local Pages and reading this news release about International and World food and cooking updates called “Beef Kizhi Porotta – Shabbu’s Tasty Kitchen”. This news release is shared by My Local Pages Australia as part of our news aggregator services.
#Beef #Kizhi #Porotta #Shabbus #Tasty #Kitchen