Scott Morrison announces COVID vaccine rollout; NSW, Victoria record zero COVID-19 cases; Chadstone, MCG labeled exposure sites; SCG Test attendance ban increased,


“We apologise and acknowledge the inconvenience, but that inconvenience is nothing compared to a third wave, because that will be so hard for every single Victorian. We need to do everything we can do to stop that.”

An online portal for those in NSW seeking an exemption to come back to Victoria launched yesterday, with around 800 people applying for an exemption so far through that means.

Deputy Chief Health Officer Allen Cheng said he was “still pretty concerned” about the situation in Victoria when it comes to the virus, despite no cases being reported on Wednesday, due to the remaining Vermont South mystery case.

“When he acquired it, it was probably going back into before Christmas now. We are coming back into 14 days after that,” he said on Thursday.

“We would hope with 180,000 tests completed, if there was anyone else that has been infected by that person, it would have shown up by now. But we do need to make sure everyone is tested. It would ideally be nice to find where that (case) came from.”

He said it was currently “impossible” to decipher if the case was separate from the Black Rock cluster, where a number of people were infected after visiting the Smile Buffalo Thai restaurant in the Melbourne beachside suburbs on December 21.

The housemate of the man in his 30s who tested positive on Wednesday is now showing symptoms, but test results are still pending.

Thank you for visiting My Local Pages and reading this news release about the latest National News items published as “Scott Morrison announces COVID vaccine rollout; NSW, Victoria record zero COVID-19 cases; Chadstone, MCG labeled exposure sites; SCG Test attendance ban increased,”. This article is brought to you by MyLocalPages as part of our local news services.

#Scott #Morrison #announces #COVID #vaccine #rollout #NSW #Victoria #record #COVID19 #cases #Chadstone #MCG #labeled #exposure #sites #SCG #Test #attendance #ban #increased



Source link

NSW, Victoria record zero COVID-19 cases; Chadstone, MCG labeled exposure sites; SCG Test attendance ban increased, Scott Morrison calls national cabinet meeting


“We need to run this to ground now … it’s important we use this time to locate any potential cases of coronavirus anywhere in Victoria,” Mr Weimar said.

“We ask you to come forward and get tested now, if you were at Zara on Boxing Day, particularly if you were feeling unwell on Boxing Day.”

That advice relates to anyone who attended Zara between 6am and 1.30pm on December 26.

There remain 28 COVID-19 cases connected to the Black Rock cluster, with 27 of those currently active. The drop of three active cases reported today has been in people in hotel quarantine.

Around 1300 people considered close contacts of positive cases are currently in isolation, with another 1300 secondary contacts also isolating.

Premier Daniel Andrews said that group of people are “doing their isolation for all of us”. “They are spending these holiday weeks locked up at home. It is critically important people observe that … isolation period,” he said.

He said if new cases occurred in Victoria, but the affected people were already in isolation, they are “not a great concern to us, except for the case’s wellbeing”.

There have been 140,000 tests completed with Victoria over the last five days.

Thank you for dropping in to My Local Pages and reading this news update involving current WA news published as “NSW, Victoria record zero COVID-19 cases; Chadstone, MCG labeled exposure sites; SCG Test attendance ban increased, Scott Morrison calls national cabinet meeting”. This news update was shared by My Local Pages Australia as part of our news aggregator services.

#NSW #Victoria #record #COVID19 #cases #Chadstone #MCG #labeled #exposure #sites #SCG #Test #attendance #ban #increased #Scott #Morrison #calls #national #cabinet #meeting



Source link

Twitter Has Labeled 34% of Trump’s Tweets Since Election Day



A recent report from the New York Times analyzes Twitter’s moderation of the platform during the 2020 Presidential election, noting that 34 percent of tweets from President Donald Trump were marked as “disputed” by the platform since election day in an effort to lessen their viral spread across the platform.

In a recent article, the New York Times analyzes some of Twitter’s recent claims about the moderation of its platform during the 2020 Presidential election. Twitter alleges that it labeled around 300,000 election-related tweets as “disputed” as part of its moderating practices. This accounts for around 0.2 percent of all discussion on the subject.

Disclosing these figures makes Twitter the first major social media platform to publicly evaluate its performance around the 2020 election. Twitter, Facebook, and Google all previously faced criticism for their handling of the 2016 presidential election, now it appears that the companies are doing more to publicly appease critics.

From October 27 to Wednesday of this week, Twitter has labeled 300,000 tweets as “disputed,” warning readers that tweets could be misleading or false. Twitter restricted 456 of these messages preventing them from being shared or receiving likes or replies, an extreme measure applied to many of President Trump’s tweets.

Between election day and Friday of this week, Twitter labeled around 34 percent of President Trump’s tweets and retweets as “disputed.” Breitbart News has reported extensively on this, noting recently that 25 of President Trump’s posts across Twitter and Facebook were labeled or disputed within 24 hours.

Twitter’s head of legal and policy, Vijaya Gadde, wrote in a blog post: “These enforcement actions remain part of our continued strategy to add context and limit the spread of misleading information about election processes around the world on Twitter.”

Evelyn Douek, a lecturer at Harvard Law School who focuses on online speech, commented on Twitter’s results to the New York Times stating: “Nothing about the design of these platforms is natural, inevitable or immutable. Everything is up for grabs. This was the first really big experiment in content moderation outside of the ‘take down or leave up’ paradigm of content moderation,” she added. “I think that’s the future of content moderation. These early results are promising for that kind of avenue. They don’t need to completely censor things in order to stop the spread and add context.”

Read more at the New York Times here.

Lucas Nolan is a reporter for Breitbart News covering issues of free speech and online censorship. Follow him on Twitter @LucasNolan or email him at lnolan@breitbart.com





Source link