Bukayo Saka caught laughing in disbelief after Arsenal Man of the Match decision


Arsenal star Bukayo Saka was seen laughing in disbelief after he was given the Man of the Match award in the Gunners’ 1-0 win over Brighton.

The winger had already been substituted when it was announced that he had been named Man of the Match and when the cameras cut to Saka he had a look of disbelief on his face.

The 19-year-old put in an impressive performance and assisted Alexandre Lacazette’s winning goal in a much-needed win for Arsenal.

The result saw them secure back-to-back wins in the Premier League for the first time since September.

Speaking after the game, Lacazette was full of praise for Saka, who has been one of few Arsenal players to impress on a regular basis this season.



Bukayo Saka’s reaction to being named Man of the Match

He told Amazon Prime: “Bukayo gave me a good pass, as I like it and it was good for me. He was really good, every game he improves and shows his quality. Even if he’s young he’s still working hard for the team, everyone is happy with him.”

Lacazette also spoke about the importance of back-to-back wins, adding: “Yeah, of course, we want to come back in the table and we know we have to win games in a row.



Arsenal picked up a second straight Premier League win away at Brighton thanks to Alexandre Lacazette’s second-half strike

“The win over Chelsea gave us a lot of confidence. We just want to win every game and come back to the top.

His comments were echoed by manager Mikel Arteta, who said: “Yes, we know that we’ve been struggling with results recently. The fact that we won against Chelsea was a big boost because I think it was more related to results than performances.

“To come here again three days later and get another win is massively important. As well I think we did it in a convincing way.

“In the second half we played much better and in the Premier League you have to hang on for a few minutes. But proud for the boys and happy with the result.”

Arsenal’s next league game sees them face West Bromwich Albion at the Hawthorns.





Source link

AFL 2020: Essendon problems, culture, ex-employee social media post, players leaving, trade news, laughing stock


A former Essendon trainer has taken to social media to air his grievances with the club, claiming its culture has been “completely destroyed” in recent years, with disgruntled employees fearful of speaking out and being replaced.

Craig Yorston, who worked with the Bombers as a trainer and masseur from the end of 1989 to 2019, was awarded with a life membership at the club in 2010.

As questions circle around the club’s culture in the aftermath of Joe Daniher and Adam Saad’s trade requests, Yorston released a Facebook post detailing his time with the Bombers and where he thinks things have gone wrong.

Watch the 2020 Toyota AFL Finals Series on Kayo with every game before the Grand Final Live & On-Demand. New to Kayo? Get your 14-day free trial & start streaming instantly >

Semi Final

Tigers press conference

10:23





Source link

AFL 2020: Essendon problems, laughing at halftime, video, Matthew Lloyd, copying Richmond, laughing stock, Ben Rutten


Essendon great Matthew Lloyd has declared his former club is “a bit of a laughing stock” and criticised the coaching staff for trying to be too much like Richmond.

From the pre-season it has been clear the Bombers are trying to emulate much of what has worked for the reigning premiers.

On the field, they’ve borrowed their tactics, while off the field they’ve added key staff members from Tigerland in Dan Richardson (football boss), Ben Rutten (future senior coach) and Blake Caracella (assistant coach).

Kayo is your ticket to the 2020 Toyota AFL Premiership Season. Watch every match of every round Live & On-Demand. New to Kayo? Get your 14-day free trial & start streaming instantly >

Round 16

But after Sunday’s horrendous loss to Geelong, which saw the Bombers concede 12 goals in the first half – the most by any team this season – Lloyd believes they’re going too far.



Source link

Frans Hals £13m Dutch masterpiece Two Laughing Boys stolen for third time



A £13 million seminal Dutch painting has been stolen from a museum for the third time.

Two Laughing Boys with a Mug of Beer by Frans Hals was stolen from a small museum in the Dutch town of Leerdam.

Police said thieves broke open the back door at around 3.30am on Wednesday and had made off by the time officers arrived.

The work, painted in 1626, was first stolen in 1988 along with a Jacob van Ruisdael’s Forest View with Flowering Elderberry. Both paintings were recovered three years later.


The same paintings were taken again from the Hofje van Mevrouw van Aerden museum in 2011 but retrieved after six months.

The thieves forced open the back door of the museum (ANP/AFP via Getty Images)

Since that theft, the museum’s most valuable works have been kept away from the public under staff supervision, Dutch media reports. Two Laughing Boys has an estimated value of €15m (£13.4m).

It is the second theft of a painting from a Dutch museum closed to the public because of the COVID-19 pandemic, after the 1884 Van Gogh painting Spring Garden was stolen from the Singer Laren Museum in March.

It has not been recovered.

“Criminals know that major museums have sufficient security” but smaller regional museums less so, art expert Arthur Brand told the Dutch broadcaster RTL Nieuws.

“They probably concluded it’s worth a lot of money, and it’s relatively easy to steal.”

Frans Hals, who died in 1666, has been described as one of the great Old Masters of the Dutch bourgeoisie of the Golden Age.

Police said the investigation to recover the painting would call on forensic specialists and art-theft experts. Officers are also checking CCTV images and have appealed for information from the public.

A spokesman for the museum referred all questions to the police.



Source link

Isaac Luke hits back at Sam Burgess’ comments over Brisbane Broncos post-loss laughing


Brisbane Broncos hooker Isaac Luke has taken aim former South Sydney Rabbitohs teammate Sam Burgess as the fallout from the side’s loss to the Gold Coast Titans continued.

While league legends and fans have had their say across a wide variety of formats, Luke took most umbrage at Burgess most of all.

Kayo is your ticket to the 2020 NRL Telstra Premiership. Every game of every round Live & On-Demand with no-ad breaks during play. New to Kayo? Get your 14-day free trial & start streaming instantly >

The pair were in the Rabbitohs 2014 premiership winning side together, although Luke was devastatingly suspended for the decider that ended a 43-year wait at the club.

Luke who was at the club between 2007 and 2015 and played 188 games in red and green, played alongside Burgess in his first stint at the club before he went to rugby union.

Luke, who has had a long stint at the New Zealand Warriors before returning to Australia earlier in the year with the St George Illawarra Dragons before moving to the Broncos three games into the season, has been the main player pointed to following the Broncos’ 30-12 loss to the Gold Coast Titans on Saturday after players were seen joking and hugging opposition players post match.

While players such as Paul Gallen said “I hate that” and former Queensland Origin forward Martin Lang said it showed “they really couldn’t give a s*** about the result”, the barb that seemingly stuck closest to home was Burgess’.

Speaking on The Matty Johns Show, Burgess took aim.

“With Issac I can understand because he’s been there for two minutes and probably doesn’t appreciate the situation they’re in,” Sam Burgess told Sunday Night With Matty Johns.

“If I was a senior player I would be filthy at that. And I’d to Issac ‘listen mate we don’t do that here’ and then he wouldn’t do it next time.

“It should hurt you to lose a game by that many points, against a lesser opposition and to lose five in a row. I’d be straight in the sheds, I’m filthy.”

While Nathan Hindmarsh added that later in his career he’d be happy to have a joke and Matthew Johns said he tells younger players to catch up with their mates in the dressing rooms, rather than out on the field, Burgess’ criticism appeared to hit home with Luke taking to Twitter to fire back.

“For years I’ve always played with my heart on my sleeve. And I will until the day I hang my boots up. The actions that happened after yesterday’s game were poor on my behalf I accept that. But that doesn’t mean it doesn’t hurt to lose,” Luke wrote.

“I came to the club because it has been a big dream of mine to don the jersey. A team that I’ve admire over my time of knowing rugby league. It hurts to lose I hate it. And @SamBurgess8 you know me more than anyone on that panel at how much it would affect me Losing last night.

“I also accept that it was in poor taste to show that I don’t care about this club or the jersey. I love this club. I’m also sorry to the members and fans as well as the rugby league community for showing that.

“Normally I wouldn’t react to such I thing like this. It’s just more publicity for the media. But when one of my good mates @SamBurgess8 said something it hits me personally as he knows what I’m like. You have my number brother. I’m only a phone call away.”

Luke’s love for the Broncos jersey was one of the reasons he gave for leaving the Dragons as he wanted to finish in Brisbane for his post-career future.

“With support from the club and their understanding they were happy to release me to take an opportunity in Brisbane where my family and I were going to live after footy finished,” he said at the time.

“My wife has followed me through my career and through all that we always said that we will finish in Brisbane.

“Brisbane Broncos gave us an opportunity to go home. And we are taking it. I can’t wait to rip in.”

With more fallout expected over the week, this is probably not the last we’ve heard of this.



Source link

Johnson government in danger of becoming ‘laughing stock’ – Tory activist Tim Montgomerie – Channel 4 News



26 May 2020

Earlier we were joined by Tim Montgomerie and Alastair Campbell

Earlier we were joined by Tim Montgomerie, a Conservative activist who has said he is “embarrassed to have ever backed Boris Johnson for high office” following the Prime Minister’s support for Dominic Cummings.

We were also joined by Alastair Campbell, who served as Director of Communications for Prime Minister Tony Blair.

We have contacted many people who have expressed support for Dominic Cummings in the last few days, but none of them wanted to come on the programme tonight.



Source link