Prince Charles has given a video message about the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee next year with just a single photo of his mother, eldest son and eldest grandchild behind him amid growing concerns about Prince Harry’s brutal criticism of his upbringing and his ‘pot-shots’ at the Royal Family from LA.
The Prince of Wales has been seen throughout the pandemic on video calls from his offices at Highgrove or Birkhall with an array of family photos behind him, including several of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex and their son Archie.
But the heir to the throne launched a campaign to plant millions of trees to celebrate his mother’s Platinum Jubilee next year, with just a single framed photo of himself with the Queen, Prince William and Prince George – the line of succession to the throne.
It came as Harry hinted he was ready to pour his heart out again about his mother Diana’s death and his relationship with his father in an emotional trailer for a new mental health documentary for Apple, due for release on Friday. The Duke of Sussex also appeared to question his father’s parenting in a podcast last week.
Royal insiders have expressed their exasperation at Harry and say it is becoming impossible for the family to repair their fractured relationships because of his insistence at taking ‘pot-shots’ from across the Atlantic.
While another source told the Mirror: ‘There is concern given the Duke and Duchess’s recent claims as to just what they may have said to Winfrey. They have not held back in their allegations and there is nothing to suggest they won’t make further ones’. MailOnline has asked Clarence House to comment.
Harry’s criticism of his childhood is merely echoing details shared by a younger Prince Charles in a biography about his own unhappy upbringing, sources close to the Sussexes suggest.
The Duke of Sussex, 36, faced a backlash from Royal aides on Monday after they claimed he had shown a ‘woeful lack of compassion’ for his family by implying Prince Charles and the Queen had failed him as a child.
Speaking to Dax Shepard, host of the ‘Armchair Expert’ podcast, Prince Harry said that his father had treated him ‘the way he was treated’, with Harry asking himself ‘so how can I change that for my own kids?’.
The Duke then went on to add that he and Meghan, the Duchess of Sussex, had made the move to the US to ‘break the cycle’ of ‘genetic pain’ he had experienced growing up.
Senior palace aides told The Mail on Sunday of a growing sense of ‘bewilderment and betrayal’, and even called for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex to give up their titles following Prince Harry’s latest ‘disgraceful’ assault on the Royal Family.
Royal courtiers also claimed the Prince had shown a ‘woeful lack of compassion’ and ‘thrown others under the bus’ during the latest podcast interview, The Telegraph reports.
But sources close to Prince Harry were quick to point out that Prince Charles had lived through his own tell-all moment in a 1994 when he authorised Jonathan Dimbleby to write The Prince of Wales: A Biography, following extensive personal interviews with the Prince, The Telegraph reports.
In the book Dimbleby wrote of Charles’ unhappy childhood with details the Prince laid bare. The book was largely interpreted as Charles’s account of the breakdown of his marriage to Princess Diana.
The comparison comes as a new trailer for the Duke of Sussex and Oprah Winfrey’s new Apple TV+ mental health series featured a video of the young prince alongside his father Prince Charles at his mother Princess Diana’s funeral 24 years ago.
The stand-out feature of the trailer comes as a 13-year-old Harry is shown watching Diana’s coffin passing him during her funeral in London in 1997.
Charles can be seen speaking to his heartbroken son as a female voiceover says over dramatic music: ‘Treating people with dignity is the first act’. Harry tells Oprah: ‘To make that decision to receive help is not a sign of weakness. In today’s world more than ever, it is a sign of strength.’
The trailer for ‘The Me You Can’t See’ – which is set to be released this Friday – features Meghan, Archie and a major hint that the Duke will again pour his heart out about the Royal Family and his relationship with Charles.
It includes tearful interviews with singer Lady Gaga, actress Glenn Close and US chat show queen Oprah herself as well as a feature on a Syrian refugee named Fawzi, described as a hero on the programme.
The two-minute promo, which was released on the Archewell website and YouTube, will likely be seen as another barbed attack on the Royal Family and spark fresh pain for Charles, coming so soon after Prince Harry said he quit as a frontline royal to ‘break the cycle’ of ‘genetic suffering’.
Thank you for dropping in to My Local Pages and checking out this story involving United Kingdom news called “Had a clear out, Charles? Future King hosts video call in front of just single photo of him with the Queen, Prince William and Prince George… after previously sitting by sideboard heaving with snaps of Harry and the rest of family”. This story was presented by MyLocalPages Australia as part of our Australian news services.
#clear #Charles #Future #King #hosts #video #call #front #single #photo #Queen #Prince #William #Prince #George #previously #sitting #sideboard #heaving #snaps #Harry #rest #family