Upper Lachlan Shire Council issues warning about dam trespass | Goulburn Post



news, local-news, Crookwell, dam wall, trespass, Colleen Worthy, Upper Lachlan Shire Council, ban, access, prohibited

The general manager of Upper Lachlan Shire Council has issued a blunt warning to people to stay off Crookwell Dam’s wall. It came after what Colleen Worthy described as string of trespasses and unapproved uses of the structure, including accessing the dam for swimming and even walking along the edge. “That dam wall has a 12-metre drop,” Mrs Worthy said. “And we have pictures of some teenagers walking along the prohibited walkway or the dam wall with water flowing over the edge. It’s a wet surface, with a sheer drop down the other side. Just not smart. If you fell, it could easily kill you.” ALSO READ: ‘We must work together’: Water restrictions kick in at Taralga She flagged a ban on public access if it continued. Despite the gate being locked and a fence and a sign at the walkway advising the area is prohibited, people are climbing around the fence. It is prohibited because it is unsafe. Under the current regulations, people are allowed access to the dam for fishing, but not for boating or swimming. Access to the walkway is only permitted by authorised individuals and no access is allowed to the dam wall at any time. “The council recently ran a media release about drowning and safety dangers which revealed that 84 people drowned last year in dams, rivers, lakes and creeks,” Mrs Worthy said. “At any water way, you have to follow the rules about permitted activities and permissible areas or use. Gates, fences and signs are there to protect you and your children. ALSO READ: Loos let loose: Crookwell toilets overflow on long weekend “The council would prefer to continue to allow fishing at the Dam but we need it to be safe. Trespass in prohibited areas already carries fines and penalties which we will enforce if there are future breaches of the safety rules. “Hopefully this safety message will be complied with so the council can continue to allow the public to fish in the dam. This is the council’s preference but it must be safe.” Did you know the Goulburn Post is now offering breaking news alerts and a weekly email newsletter? Keep up-to-date with all the local news: sign up here.

https://nnimgt-a.akamaihd.net/transform/v1/crop/frm/FkT3ZusFw5YrTvZCipmLUF/b334f6ce-9c1d-4b8c-a9d1-0d21459291f1.jpg/r0_23_700_419_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg





Source link

Alleged Army base trespass ends in bloody mess



A MAN has been charged after he allegedly got caught in razor wire at a Coffs Harbour Army base.

The 43-year-old Coffs Harbour man will face court today after being charged over the alleged trespass at an Australian Defence Force facility last night.

Around 11pm emergency services were called after a man was allegedly found caught in razor wire atop a security fence at the facility.

A number of ADF officers helped the man until the arrival of officers from Coffs/Clarence Police District, who freed him a short time later.

He was then treated by NSW Ambulance paramedics and taken to Coffs Harbour Health Campus for treatment of numerous lacerations and exhaustion.

Following his release from hospital, he was taken to Coffs Harbour Police Station and charged with trespass on prohibited Commonwealth land and breach of bail.

He was refused bail to appear at Coffs Harbour Local Court today.





Source link

Duo charged over early-hours trespass at Mullum property



TWO men charged with entering a Mullumbimby property without consent and disguising themselves with intent are yet to enter any formal pleas.

Benjamin Bacchiella, 27, of Mullumbimby, and co-accused Jackson Ferguson, 28, of Brunswick Heads, were not required to appear when the case went before Mullumbimby Local Court on Thursday.

The pair are facing charges of entering enclosed lands without a lawful excuse and disguising their faces with intent to commit larceny.

Mr Bacchiella is also charged with intimidating an occupant of the same address on Yankee Creek Rd.

According to court documents, the alleged offences are said to have taken place in the early hours of July 7 this year.

In court, defence solicitor John Weller said he’d had the opportunity to see each of the accused once.

Mr Weller told the court he had written to the officer in charge.

He said there was “footage” that would assist him in seeking full instructions from his clients.

Magistrate Karen Stafford adjourned the matter to October 8.

Ms Stafford told Mr Weller his clients must enter pleas to their charges on that date.





Source link

Jacob Blake pleads not guilty to sexual assault, criminal trespass, disorderly conduct


In this photo from Kenosha County Court video, Jacob Blake answers questions during a hearing Friday, Sept. 4. 2020 in Kenosha, Wis. (Kenosha County Court via AP)

OAN Newsroom
UPDATED 6:20 PM PT – Friday, September 4, 2020

The Wisconsin man shot during an altercation with police last month has pleaded not guilty to crimes he allegedly committed prior to the shooting. On Friday, Jacob Blake made his first court appearance since being wounded.

The 29-year-old has been accused of sexual assault, criminal trespass and disorderly conduct.

Those charges, which were brought on by his ex-girlfriend and mother to three of his children, are unrelated to the shooting incident that left him paralyzed from the waist down.

In this photo from Kenosha County Court video, Jacob Blake, bottom, right, answers questions during a hearing Friday, Sept. 4. 2020 in Kenosha, Wis. (Kenosha County Court via AP)

“Your Honor, the state recognizes these are serious charges, but also that the defendant has serious injuries and he’s recovering at the hospital. …I would ask for additional conditions of no violent contact with the person referenced in the complaint with the initials L and B or her children. Also, no contact with her residence. I would ask for additional conditions that the defendant not possess any weapons and that he not leave the state of Wisconsin for any purpose other than for medical treatment.” – Zeke Wiedenfeld, prosecutor

If convicted of sexual assault alone, Blake could face up to 10 years in prison and/or up to a $25,000 fine. His next court appearance is scheduled for October and his trial is slated for November.

MORE NEWS: Protesters March By Kenosha Courthouse In Support Of Jacob Blake





Source link