Police believe the woman found dead with her three children in Melbourne’s north-west on Thursday was responsible for all four deaths.
- Police were called to the Tullamarine home on Thursday by Tomislav Perinovic
- The bodies of his wife, Katie Perinovic, and their children were found inside
- Police have cleared Mr Perinovic, saying they believe the children were killed by their mother
Her husband Tomislav Perinovic, who found the bodies at their Tullamarine home and called emergency services to report the deaths, has been released without charge.
“Investigators do not believe the 48-year-old man was involved in the incident and police are not looking for anyone further in relation to the matter,” a police statement said.
“Homicide Squad investigators have formed the preliminary view that the 42-year-old woman is responsible for all four deaths and on completion of their investigation, a report will be provided for consideration of the coroner.”
The bodies of Katie Perinovic, her three-year-old son Matthew, and daughters Claire and Anna, aged seven and five, were found in their Tullamarine home on Thursday.
Police said the detectives had spoken to a large number of people, including relatives, friends and neighbours of the family.
An extensive forensic examination of the scene has also been conducted.
Victoria Police Acting Deputy Commissioner Robert Hill said it had been an “incredibly difficult time” for the police and paramedics who responded and attended the scene.
“I know there will be many people in the community struggling to understand and come to terms with this tragedy,” he said.
“This has been an incredibly heart wrenching experience for all concerned.”
Yesterday, police said there was no known history of family violence in the household.
At the time, Acting Deputy Commissioner Hill urged the community “not to speculate” on the cause of the deaths and who was responsible.
School community mourns heartbreaking loss
The deaths have shocked those who knew the family in the Tullamarine area.
Adrian Glasby, the principal of St Christopher’s Catholic School, which seven-year-old Claire attended, said the school was deeply shocked to hear the heartbreaking news of the deaths.
“Claire was a kind, diligent, and much-loved student at St Christopher’s, and we were looking forward to welcoming Anna, with her huge smile, into Prep to begin her school journey in just a couple of weeks’ time,” Mr Glasby said.
“Today I have communicated with our school community and provided advice for them in sharing this tragic news and supporting their own children during this time of grief and loss.”
He said ongoing support and counselling would be offered to all members of the school community.
Outside the house this afternoon, a number of mourners have been stopping to pay their respects and place flowers.
A local paramedic, whose colleagues were among the first responders at the scene, was among them.
“Everyone is pretty shaken, it’s a horrible thing for anyone to attend,” he said.
“We share the community’s heartbreak. It affects all of us.”
Earlier, family friend Marie Groves said the incident “still hasn’t really sunk in properly”.
“It hasn’t sunk in that I’m not going to walk out the door and see her walking past to the milk bar and picking up pizzas with the kids,” she said.
“I’m not going to be able to be at the park and see Matthew jumping on the trampolines.”
Thanks for dropping by and checking out this news article involving current Victoria News called “Police believe mother responsible for all four deaths in Tullamarine homicide, husband cleared”. This news update was presented by My Local Pages Australia as part of our local news services.
#Police #mother #responsible #deaths #Tullamarine #homicide #husband #cleared